• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having seen a few very asymmetrical cap examples, I guess I've been rather lucky. Of the eight Viberg cap toe makeups I have here (seven if you exclude the faux cap toe on the Withered Fig Prairie Country Boots), the worst I have isn't that bad. My two kudu makeups -- beaver fur and peanut -- have the least symmetrical caps of the bunch, and about equally so (between the two styles). Here are the caps on the peanut kudu ones:

View attachment 1568665

They actually look a little more symmetrical in the photos than they do in person, but the asymmetry isn't very noticeable to me either way.

On a slightly different (but related) topic, I prefer slightly larger caps than these. I still love this pair, though.

View attachment 1568669
It's as if we received the same asymmetrical cap toes. Have they become less discernible with wear?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time you ask they push it back by 6 months
That's probably true. I asked about cap toe Halkett boots and they cancelled brooklyn clothings' cap toe halketts and sent them plain toes a few weeks later. I then asked about smooth leather halketts and those are coming later now too.

I'm gonna take one for the team and ask about the bernhard every few weeks so it never comes out.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten one of Viberg’s wonky/wacky/misaligned cap toes, kept the pair and regret it? Or didn’t even notice it after a while?
If it’s bad enough to bother you, return it. It doesn’t get better.
I agree - if it’s really driving you nuts, it might not get better over time...

That said, your post reminded me to check a pair of my boots that I love, with the only nitpick being a misaligned/wacky/wonky toe cap that I had to check to make sure was still there: yep, it’s definitely crooked... and I pretty much forgot about it until just now... and no one else notices.

Of course, I’m thinking about it now, but I’ll forget about it again before too long as I look for opportunities to still wear the boots with the weather warming up - priorities!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like the english tan and toasted coconut dublins that cultizm has are going to be on the .com too. Good news if anyone wears a half size since cultizm went with whole only again.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of CF stead calf now....
20210308_103546.jpg

Winter smokes in Spring

20210308_120812.jpg

And these just came in from the ~50% off Kafka sale.

alpenglowing

Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know that anyone has gotten prior confirmation, but I just heard back from Viberg, and the MTO program is dead. Sample sales will happen though still. Also add the vintage last to lasts that are dead too.

Damn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads