• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten one of Viberg’s wonky/wacky/misaligned cap toes, kept the pair and regret it? Or didn’t even notice it after a while?

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten one of Viberg’s wonky/wacky/misaligned cap toes, kept the pair and regret it? Or didn’t even notice it after a while?
I haven't regretted keeping my unstructured PCT Boondockers at all, but I was pretty sure I wouldn't when I made the decision. If you're not, it's a pretty expensive mistake. Resale is hard right now, and the defect won't make it easier.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't regretted keeping my unstructured PCT Boondockers at all, but I was pretty sure I wouldn't when I made the decision. If you're not, it's a pretty expensive mistake. Resale is hard right now, and the defect won't make it easier.
PCT boondocker pics?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d say most of mine vary from “just a tad” to “medium misaligned”. I keep them and forget as I am the only that notices in my immediate social group.

It is more noticeable when brand new and less so with wear due to vamp wrinkles etc.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Having seen a few very asymmetrical cap examples, I guess I've been rather lucky. Of the eight Viberg cap toe makeups I have here (seven if you exclude the faux cap toe on the Withered Fig Prairie Country Boots), the worst I have isn't that bad. My two kudu makeups -- beaver fur and peanut -- have the least symmetrical caps of the bunch, and about equally so (between the two styles). Here are the caps on the peanut kudu ones:

viberg-peanut-kudu-cap-toe_WEB.jpg

They actually look a little more symmetrical in the photos than they do in person, but the asymmetry isn't very noticeable to me either way.

On a slightly different (but related) topic, I prefer slightly larger caps than these. I still love this pair, though.

DSCF8049.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having seen a few very asymmetrical cap examples, I guess I've been rather lucky. Of the eight Viberg cap toe makeups I have here (seven if you exclude the faux cap toe on the Withered Fig Prairie Country Boots), the worst I have isn't that bad. My two kudu makeups -- beaver fur and peanut -- have the least symmetrical caps of the bunch, and about equally so (between the two styles). Here are the caps on the peanut kudu ones:

View attachment 1568665

They actually look a little more symmetrical in the photos than they do in person, but the asymmetry isn't very noticeable to me either way.

On a slightly different (but related) topic, I prefer slightly larger caps than these. I still love this pair, though.

View attachment 1568669
Can we see some pics of the beaver?

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Can we see some pics of the beaver?
WeatheredHide
He / Him / His
:D

I don't have a specific symmetry shot of the beaver fur kudu toe caps (like the one above of the peanut kudu makeup), but if you wanted to see these boots, here's a photo I posted on Instagram (and maybe here, too) several months ago. As I said above of the peanut kudu boots, I'd prefer slightly larger toe caps than these, but still love this pair.

DSC04665_WEB.jpg

Here's the text from that Instagram post:

Viberg's beaver fur kudu service boot was one of the most interesting Viberg makeups to drop last year. Just about everything we call "character" on a boot showed up in this pair -- rolls, wrinkles, grain, scars, depth of color...
I've got a lot of boots but no other pair connects me more closely with the animal whose hide it was crafted from than this makeup. And each boot in this pair has its own character, individually looking quite different from the other -- yet together looking very much the pair.
If Denys Finch Hatton ever gifted someone a pair of boots, I feel like they might very well have looked something like these.
(The beaver fur kudu leather is a shrunken grain tannage antelope hide from the C.F. Stead tannery.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads