• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My contribution to the Horsebutt conversation
20210222_165126.jpg

Goliath123

Reaction score
Until i see a post of Dr sole raw cords blown through with a hole and everything I wont believe someones worn a pair through. Ive been a cobbler for a few years now and have never seen anyone close in person or online. Id love to see it tho. They just seem too durable, they have also only been around for like 5 or so years haven't they? Youd need to be wearing those soles like everyday since

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Any of my San Francisco Bay Area brethren (I think there are a couple others) here know if we have some trusted cobblers around? Not necessarily for a full Viberg resole, but general GYW work, heels etc.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of my San Francisco Bay Area brethren (I think there are a couple others) here know if we have some trusted cobblers around? Not necessarily for a full Viberg resole, but general GYW work, heels etc.
My experience has been mixed at best in SF. From what I’ve found it’s either cheap and/or disorganized or much too expensive but nothing in between.

I’d be curious if you do find someone worth mentioning.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, there's a pair of size 12 crust horse service boots in 2030 for a reasonable price right now on the site that shall not be mentioned.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, there's a pair of size 12 crust horse service boots in 2030 for a reasonable price right now on the site that shall not be mentioned.
I saw that pair. The site and price shall not be named but the quality of the leather shall!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210223_105924.jpg

Imma be honest, I shoulda replaced both insoles. I can sorta tell that there's two different viberg insoles. Maybe its cause one is new, but the other isn't that old.

nareichert

Reaction score
Those boots were proxied for $166 back in 2018... they have a pretty large gouge/hole on the left heel. Which is why they were seconds in the first place, though if you are ok with that the leather is very very nice.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads