• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

InternetTears

Reaction score
Port Vitello Calf from DR
1611674788717.jpeg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the current 2030; this last drop has good toes ?
My shinki 4s from this drop are my favorite boot hands down yeah, but honestly I like my winter smokes a lot too even if they're kinda round

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
The slightest bit of conditioner will darken this leather. I put it through the gauntlet last winter and then it needed a lot of care.

I've only seen stock photos of the boot, but love that what looks like a matte boot leather in pictures shines up like cordovan in real life. Those are beautiful.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The slightest bit of conditioner will darken this leather. I put it through the gauntlet last winter and then it needed a lot of care.
Interesting, I’ve got a good number of wears on mine but only brushed them so far. VSC?

InternetTears

Reaction score
I've only seen stock photos of the boot, but love that what looks like a matte boot leather in pictures shines up like cordovan in real life. Those are beautiful.
The leather starts out like nubuck. The nap is sanded down so when you add conditioner (I use saphir on everything and it’s what Jason at DR recommends if that even means anything) it smooths out the appearance.

Might be harder to see from the angle but my boot has noticeable grain on the vamp and other areas.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The leather starts out like nubuck. The nap is sanded down so when you add conditioner (I use saphir on everything and it’s what Jason at DR recommends if that even means anything) it smooths out the appearance.

Might be harder to see from the angle but my boot has noticeable grain on the vamp and other areas.

Do you think that Saphir spray conditioner would have yielded a different result?

mypants

Reaction score
FCB4A7FE-62C8-448A-9257-193130EF59BB.jpeg

I’ve been waiting for the right pair of Chelsea’s. Man, this leather is nice, but it’s super ridgid. Going to take a while to break in.

My wife just shook her head when I finally broke down and asked her to help pull them off my feet...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads