• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wanderlust2000

Reaction score
Are there any issues with viberg themselves doing the resoleing or are there issues with their shoe repairs?

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
These were originally on Dainite soles, and were recently resoled to Vibram 430s. The Vibram soles are more comfortable for me, and less slippery when wet.
Makes sense. My theory is that Brett is allergic to the 430 because I can't fathom why they don't use it more.

alpenglowing

Reaction score
Are there any issues with viberg themselves doing the resoleing or are there issues with their shoe repairs?

I've used Viberg twice for resoles. They did a great job both times, and their pricing was very reasonable in my opinion. The only real downside I can think of is shipping to Canada (which can be somewhat slow and expensive depending on your location and the shipping service being used).

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clean looking makeup. Would look even better without hooks. I'd like to know why they are now allergic to doing all eyelets.

It kind of made sense when they didn't want to pattern it out, but if you are going to throw in just as many hooks, I'm back to not getting it.
I'm contemplating buying and switching out the hooks ?

goalaso

Reaction score
I've used Viberg twice for resoles. They did a great job both times, and their pricing was very reasonable in my opinion. The only real downside I can think of is shipping to Canada (which can be somewhat slow and expensive depending on your location and the shipping service being used).
My understanding is that they have limited options for what you can resole with. More generally, it's nice to have cobbler options for non-Vibergs too

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1450 still for SBs
Slippers are 1000, how much were shell slippers before?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1450 still for SBs

I'd be curious to see how many pairs end up being sold in the recent $1450+ drops compared to the drops last year that were still $1300. Have to believe they've likely priced out a relatively sizable portion of their customer base (myself likely included). Personally felt $1,300 was pushing it as it is but it was right on the line where I could still justify it if I really liked the makeup.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1450 still for SBs

Like $990 I think on the last release. Glad I got in on the natural shell ones when they were like $815 or whatever it was. These prices are a joke ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads