• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my winter smoke pair too and the color is pretty unique, it’s like a dark grey with brown undertones
I really like the color, I sort of wish I had done the chelsea, but the chelsea didn't go on sale.

nhlducks35

Reaction score
I really like the color, I sort of wish I had done the chelsea, but the chelsea didn't go on sale.
Yup same, still looks nice imo

87B4B2DE-5E85-4544-8F24-24A130D5569B.jpeg

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
i've been holding back from ordering those but the speed hooks just doesn't do it for me. I might cave tho because that color is so nice

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20201202_213942.jpg
    20201202_213942.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 63

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a nice carpet. At first when focused on the boots, I thought it was some fucked flooring then when I switched my focus to the carpet and the colors popped out, I had a ‘woah’ moment lol. If you watch Seinfeld, I felt like I had a moment similar to the episode of the 3D art paintings/pictures when George came out shirtless front the restroom lol.

I really hope someone watches Seinfeld in here, otherwise I’m just rambling.....

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They almost look chrome here
It's all over the board. At least I consistently only own bergs that are different everytime I snap a picture of them.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoke to Viberg for a bit. The rounded 2030 toe is a result of the new leather toe puffs that went into production with drop 4. The next releases will have the old almond toe and they've reworked the toe puff to not round off anymore. So if you like the rounder 2030 its limited to this drop haha.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoke to Viberg for a bit. The rounded 2030 toe is a result of the new leather toe puffs that went into production with drop 4. The next releases will have the old almond toe and they've reworked the toe puff to not round off anymore. So if you like the rounder 2030 its limited to this drop haha.
That was always the parsimonious explanation...

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Since they arrived last year, the 3sixteen × Viberg Gloxi-Cut Scout Boots (charcoal chamois roughout, 2030 last) have been regular companions of mine on wintery days, whether the snow was just a dusting like this one today or several inches deep.

DSCF8341.jpg

Also, I just picked up one of my new favorite suede care tools (below). It's a Deluxe Wellington Pig Bristle Shoe Polishing Brush from kirbyallison.com. The pig bristles are stiffer than horsehair bristles and I find this brush is great for whisking away the day's dirt and grime from roughout/suede while lifting up the nap. Even if my boots aren't dirty, I'll use this brush from time to time just to liven up the nap.

The bristles on this brush are not as stiff as the smaller boar hair brush from Kirby Allison that I'd been using (and will continue to use), but definitely stiffer than horsehair. If you're trying to lift more matted-down nap -- or loosening up more stubborn schmutz -- the smaller boar hair brush would work better, and is also far more EDC-friendly.

DSCF8355.jpg

Last edited:

bootyboy

Reaction score
Hahahahaha. Classic Viberg really in so many ways.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads