• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Basboy

Reaction score
Anyone who picked up a pair off cultizm, how long did it take for your order up update? It's been 4 days and there's been 0 change on my end.

I'd reach out to them. Everytime I've ordered from them I get a status update within a few hours to a day depending on when I put the order in and the time difference between them and Los Angeles.

I actually ordered a pair of the Anthracite Waxed ok Nov. 22 and they arrived 4 days later. This is my 3rd or 4th time ordering from them and each time shipping has been faster to me than many domestic purchases.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd reach out to them. Everytime I've ordered from them I get a status update within a few hours to a day depending on when I put the order in and the time difference between them and Los Angeles.

I actually ordered a pair of the Anthracite Waxed ok Nov. 22 and they arrived 4 days later. This is my 3rd or 4th time ordering from them and each time shipping has been faster to me than many domestic purchases.

Feel like we've all gone in and many others, they're probably a bit backed up

Woke up to a shipping email from Fedex, but cultizm itself doesnt show any updates haha. I think they're super behind yeah.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Dark Cognac Shells look amazing! When did you get these? Were these from Viberg's website? The pictures on their website make them look incredibly dark, but your pair is so much lighter!

Yes these are the ones right from Viberg.
Like all shell it depends on the lighting. I always google specific shell colors to see how they look in real life. Studio lighting often, drastically, changes the look of shell. Shell also has a grain to it so depending on what angle you're looking at, the same panel can shift in colour.

This is the same pair at the dentist lol

gZs9W7Y.jpg

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny story... ended up finding a Horween stamp on these Huckberry x Viberg "Toscanello Horsebutt" Service boots on mini ripple... turns out they actually used Horween Work Shoe Butts instead.

Suffice to say, it made me a little extra happy with my purchase. View attachment 1507790 View attachment 1507813 View attachment 1507817 View attachment 1507820

https://huckberry.com/store/viberg/category/p/64885-service-boot-exclusive
Nice!

any insight on how it is different than Maryam?

zachthespook

Reaction score
Nice!

any insight on how it is different than Maryam?

I'm not too familiar with Maryam horsebutt, but I heard that Work Shoe Butt has shell intact to a degree. I'm not expert so take that with a grain of salt. This leather is probably the thickest and stiffest I've ever worn though, and I know it's always unlined. It's absolutely gorgeous in person, even if there isn't a lot of variation in the leather or marbling like you'd see from other horsebutt.

Also, viberg got back to me and said this particular leather is the "bourbon" colorway.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with Maryam horsebutt, but I heard that Work Shoe Butt has shell intact to a degree. I'm not expert so take that with a grain of salt. This leather is probably the thickest and stiffest I've ever worn though, and I know it's always unlined. It's absolutely gorgeous in person, even if there isn't a lot of variation in the leather or marbling like you'd see from other horsebutt.

Also, viberg got back to me and said this particular leather is the "bourbon" colorway.
Were you also able to get clarification about whether they had a "Heavy-duty Dainite sole for comfort and grip in all types of weather"?

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Work shoe butt is my favorite. Been wanting a brown shade to go along with my color 4s.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between something Viberg sells as 'workshoe butt' vs 'horsebutt'?

Depends on what tannage you’re comparing work shoe butt to. Work shoe butt is a type of CXL tannage but with a much thicker hide and with the full shell intact. My color 4s are work shoe butt and are much thicker and have a fuller temper in comparison to my natural CXL horsebutts from Division Road. Work Shoe Butt is analogous to what Wolverine used to offer in the 40’s and 50’s

D9974C8D-84C0-4F76-87D4-0C9290ED9FBB.jpeg

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that what was used for the .com Horween horsebutt run?
They did use it on the brown capped toe boondockers and the Himel ammunition boot they offered awhile ago. The crust version was used on the first run of the Withered Fig Franklins.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads