• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posting for the first time in a long time to say... $1,450? Get the **** out of here. Seriously. Get out.
lol. Yeah, not for me, but on the other hand, I might be persuaded into these in a last that fits my foot better:

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check and see if I screamed "Get the **** out of here" when I opened the link for that one a few years ago.
I remember me thinking it. The 8s are kinda interesting but the pricing is not worth it to me

ksolis01

Reaction score
I really hope most people skip out on these as a clear message that price increase is too much. I actually said wtf when I opened the page.
I say this as someone who is patiently waiting for his calvados Halkett order.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like this is a tricky up-sell. Look at the high tension lasted points, the heel and the toe cap, all flattened out.

Imagine spending 1450 and then having them reverse patina over time...
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 12.10.11 PM.png

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really hope most people skip out on these as a clear message that price increase is too much. I actually said wtf when I opened the page.
Maybe they're hoping to keep it a small run, if the factory is backed up. In that case better to jack up the price, no? I'd prefer a non-shell virtual MTO event anyway.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe they're hoping to keep it a small run, if the factory is backed up. In that case better to jack up the price, no? I'd prefer a non-shell virtual MTO event anyway.
So shell is never on the table for their mto? Not even common shell like black or color 8?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was 1290 when the shopify was leaking all the pages out, big inflation in 48 hours!
Yeah, I saw that, too. Wasn't all that tempted at that price, either, but now I know my wallet's safe for sure...

bootyboy

Reaction score

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, just to be clear... what IS on the table for their MTO?

Depends on what leather they have. At the MTO events they bring swatches, sometimes they only have enough of a leather to make 2-3 pairs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads