• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope there’s more 2055 makeups in the works, these look great
I still wish I had gotten one of those 2055 drywear shells from last winter.....

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren’t they all Woodlore (AE subsidiary)?

I agree though pretty squeaky.
They are, but for some reason I’ve noticed a distinct difference in better tubing between my Nordstrom trees and AE tree. I’ve wondered if it’s just me or if it others have noticed.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are, but for some reason I’ve noticed a distinct difference in better tubing between my Nordstrom trees and AE tree. I’ve wondered if it’s just me or if it others have noticed.
Not just you. Mine all sound like the tin man too ?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blobby lasts look so off with a captoe IMO. I wasn't a fan of the printed shell but they really should have done those as a plain toe
I would have preferred that one without a captoe or with the single stitch captoe they started doing on the Halkett, but I could live with it.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
The blobby lasts look so off with a captoe IMO. I wasn't a fan of the printed shell but they really should have done those as a plain toe

Owning these I also dont see the 2055 in cap toe. Too wide IMO - yes somewhat of a novelty last. The toe box is really wide but the arches are really narrow, making them a little tricky to get on. My E/EE feet like these once I "pop" them on.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Owning these I also dont see the 2055 in cap toe. Too wide IMO - yes somewhat of a novelty last. The toe box is really wide but the arches are really narrow, making them a little tricky to get on. My E/EE feet like these once I "pop" them on.
I went back and forth between the 2045 and 2055 Charcoal Chamois ROs that S&S had before eventually settling for the 2030 DVR ones I have as my profile pic on here. It is a wide looking last yeah, the captoe is fine on my 2030, but I wouldn't have given the 2055 one a second look if it had one.

bigpilotwo7

Reaction score
I don’t know but if they start selling lasted boot trees they look like that, my wallet is screwed
I'll drop this right here.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
The two main Shoe Tree companies in the United States that I am aware of is Woodlore, which is owned by AE, and Rochester Shoe Tree Company. My Nordstrom Trees appear to me to be made by Woodlore by how they are constructed and Marked. Rochester makes them for sure for Alden. I would have to pull one of them out of my pairs of Vibergs to say if they produce them for Viberg. Rochester typically has an imprint on the main metal shaft, so it is pretty easy to know they made them for the company!

Cheers,
Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads