• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
Only a little more for my woodlore ones because there's just more wood altogether. They do look cool, but I took them out of the Vibergs I had them in and put them in a thinner leather cheap boot that had a collapsing shaft. They also never sit symmetrically in whatever pair they're in which kinda bugs me, but thats likely me being ocd.
Completely understandable. My latest pickup (the 3sixteen scouts) have such a low (?) vamp that I can’t fit the shoe tree passed where the eyelets end. Don’t know what to do about that.

Turns31

Reaction score
Completely understandable. My latest pickup (the 3sixteen scouts) have such a low (?) vamp that I can’t fit the shoe tree passed where the eyelets end. Don’t know what to do about that.
I've started using Allen Edmonds trees in all my 2030 boots. They're longer and flatter than the other brands I've tried and they fit great.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weirdly enough my favorite shoe trees are from Jos A Bank actually. They seem to fill out whatever I put them into really well compared to the woodlore ones.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've started using Allen Edmonds trees in all my 2030 boots. They're longer and flatter than the other brands I've tried and they fit great.
I also have Allen Edmonds shoe trees and actually prefer them over my other trees. They’re sturdier and less flimsy from what I’ve noticed.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could also be like the useless RW ones - gives a little help to the upper, but does absolutely nothing for the vamp

The ones in the picture are Viberg branded.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woodlore makes all of AE's trees and often has great BOGO deals from time to time, plus you can avoid having AE trees in other brands of boots if that bothers you.
Woodlore also makes trees for Nordstrom, right?
The mix matching branding in shoe trees & footwear don’t bother me.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woodlore also makes trees for Nordstrom, right?
The mix matching branding in shoe trees & footwear don’t bother me.
I have woodlore trees from Nordstrom, woodlore, AE and Century 21.... I have a lot of shoe trees.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
You could never have too many shoe trees.

Agreed. I've been steadily picking them up from e-Bay over the years. If you're patient you occasionally find them for ridiculously good prices and I could truly care less about brand. A quick gentle sanding restores even old ones very nicely.

Lol my dad has noticed a few of his missing since he retired.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed that the trees from AE feel much sturdier than the Nordstrom ones? Specifically the tubes.
Uhhh the AE ones squeak less is all I've noticed honestly. They all feel the same except one of my nordstrom ones is chipping already.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Mushroom Chamois on the 2055 from S&S. I normally have a phobia about shoes on furniture.....

IMG_9810.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads