• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I'm just kind of banking on someone never asking me what shade they are in person, hah

"Oh, these? They're kooh-wə-yo [smoothly and as one] horsebutt."

Nah, doesn't sound weird to normal people at all. ;)

To a naive acquaintance, I would sooner share the price I paid for my Vibergs than the name of the color.

Funniest experience I've had with the price thing so far: I was at an In-N-Out Burger waiting for my order when a young lady I sat down next to notices my 3sixteen × Viberg Gloxi⁠-⁠Cut navy roughouts, and it goes like this:

"Oh my gosh, those boots are amazing! Those are so great! My boyfriend would TOTALLY love those. Who makes those? Where can I get him those?"

"They're by a company called Viberg, and I ordered them from 3sixteen.com (spelled it out)."

The young lady immediately hops on her phone, thumb-types it in, click, click.... EYES THE SIZE OF DISH PLATES.

She didn't say another word, put her phone down, gave couple more glances at the blue boots, and I'm guessing boyfriend never got 'em.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Viberg prices can be eye popping for the average person. Any of my friends who ever give me **** have just had it flipped around on them pretty quickly. I find once you reach a certain economic bracket, people generally have one hobby or interest that is surprisingly expensive. Sometimes it’s easy (I may have 700 dollar boots but you drive a 5 series BMW...) sometimes it’s a little less clear (Just how much do those charter boat saltwater fishing outings cost?), but it’s usually there.

Turns31

Reaction score
Yeah they have to be a complete stranger for me to honestly tell them how much my boots cost if they ask. If any relative or friend comments on them and ask where to find them I always say "I don't know, a couple hundred. I think I got them from Nordstrom."
Luckily nobody here knows what Viberg even is. I don't need my wife to know Viberg's retail prices.
I don't gamble or hunt or have a $5000 mountain bike. All my fun money goes towards boots and shoes.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with owning nice things. But I do think you should be able to pronounce everything you own....

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Idk. Seems unnecessary. No one would understand what it is anyways. Whenever my wife shows her friends my office they all ask how I could own so many brown boots.....?‍♂️
My wife says I can move my shoes into the office, give me something to look at during the day while this pandemic is still going on

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Yeah they have to be a complete stranger for me to honestly tell them how much my boots cost if they ask. If any relative or friend comments on them and ask where to find them I always say "I don't know, a couple hundred. I think I got them from Nordstrom."
Luckily nobody here knows what Viberg even is. I don't need my wife to know Viberg's retail prices.
I don't gamble or hunt or have a $5000 mountain bike. All my fun money goes towards boots and shoes.

My closest friends know about the boots and what they cost, as a couple of them are into shoes/boots and clothes themselves. (And some of my friends are into far more expensive hobbies and things.)

does your wife hide her expensive purchases from you?

I handle all the household finances and (for the sake of security) am notified of every credit card purchase made, so I tend to see everything. When she wants to surprise me on birthdays and holidays she uses a relative's credit card and then pays him back.

Anyway, I'm very open with her about what I spend on my boots, shoes, clothes, and other toys, so she knows.

Also, our feet happen to be close in size, so I just gave her my beaver fur kudu service boots. She loves them, they just weren't getting into my rotation, and I need to start freeing up some closet space for whatever else is coming (like the Wesco Axe Breakers). I don't think she's seen her last hand-me-down Vibergs from me. She recently picked up her own Truman and Grant Stone boots, too, so she kind of gets my boot thing.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems Ferrari has an interior color called cuoio. I think that makes these Ferrari boots

Used-2018-Ferrari-812-Superfast.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads