• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy, I've been lurking here for a minute, but I've compiled some good bit of hearsay that I haven't seen mentioned around here that I thought y'all might be interested in: Standard & Strange's Neil is dropping a 310 in Horween Essex and said that the Cuio Horse Breech that was originally on 310 will now be 1035; The Fold Group (Brooklyn Clothing Vancouver which is, but isn't the other Brooklyn Clothing Co) will be restocking the models listed as coming soon in the next few weeks per their customer service rep and you can ask to be put on a list to be told when they drop online, and finally per a convo with Vibergs IG earlier today I inquired about an online MTO event coinciding with the purported online sample sale and was told no MTO event, but they neither confirmed nor denied an online sample sale so take that as you will.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I’m the only one... My first pair of boots came from DR and they advised I go 1.5 down from my average sneaker size. So my 8.5 went to a 7 and I now have 5 pairs all 7’s (2030 and 110) and I find they fit me perfectly. :hide:
But what's your heel-toe brannock?

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy, I've been lurking here for a minute, but I've compiled some good bit of hearsay that I haven't seen mentioned around here that I thought y'all might be interested in: Standard & Strange's Neil is dropping a 310 in Horween Essex and said that the Cuio Horse Breech that was originally on 310 will now be 1035; The Fold Group (Brooklyn Clothing Vancouver which is, but isn't the other Brooklyn Clothing Co) will be restocking the models listed as coming soon in the next few weeks per their customer service rep and you can ask to be put on a list to be told when they drop online, and finally per a convo with Vibergs IG earlier today I inquired about an online MTO event coinciding with the purported online sample sale and was told no MTO event, but they neither confirmed nor denied an online sample sale so take that as you will.
What I really need is a roadmap of Vibergs next few shell releases so I can budget accordingly!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ignore, am dumb and new to this formatting.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I really need is a roadmap of Vibergs next few shell releases so I can budget accordingly!
2020 only, mystery color binding, you may or may not receive tracking information for your purchase.

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Slightly OT question:

Just received these (I'll post pics soon) and they're fantastic with one exception – the tongues slide to the outside of each ankle over the course of each wear.

Anything to be done about that?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly OT question:

Just received these (I'll post pics soon) and they're fantastic with one exception – the tongues slide to the outside of each ankle over the course of each wear.

Anything to be done about that?
A cobbler can tack the tongue down on the inside to prevent that. (And somebody posted a DIY on this recently, but I can't remember exactly where.)

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Maybe I’m the only one... My first pair of boots came from DR and they advised I go 1.5 down from my average sneaker size. So my 8.5 went to a 7 and I now have 5 pairs all 7’s (2030 and 110) and I find they fit me perfectly. :hide:

8-3/4 E/EE Brannock for me, and 7.5 is my ideal Viberg in 1035, 2030 and 2055. I have a couple of 8s in the 2030, and I definitely get room for thicker socks even when they are new. No break-in horrors, but a little work on the 7.5s get them just perfect.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your dream Viberg shell makeup?
I don’t know that I have a dream one. I’ve got money set aside for a nice brown shell of some kind. 2030, eyelets of some kind (not blind), other than that I’m in. Frankly I regret not getting in on the natural shell order from a few months ago, it’s gonna be a bit waiting for the next similar drop. I’d have bought the amarettos if they were 2030.

On the flip side, I did put in some clothes orders over the last few days that all total less than those boots would have been: A sweater from Howlin' through Blue Owl Workshop, a tweed chino and sashiko doyle from epaulet, a Freenote Cloth utility shirt on clearance and an Inis Meain sweater off ebay, and I've got cash left over. Will I get more value out of those than the boots? Who knows, but a good reminder of just how far you can stretch viberg shell dollars in another direction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads