• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aged bark
30A530D6-7227-4627-AEBC-C9907247DB86.jpeg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1468640

Really, they're all free spaces when you think about it

"Crazy DR Sizing advice" on top left square....is that true?

A few days back I asked here what would my size be in Viberg 2030 if I wear Alden Trubalance 13D , Grant Stone Leo 13E and Allen Edmonds Higgins Mill 13EEE and was advised Viberg 2030 in size US13.

Since then I have been communicating with Division Road and they advise, based on the same info that I should go for US12 in 2030.....

I am inclined to go with US13 but now I am confused....

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few days back I asked here what would my size be in Viberg 2030 if I wear Alden Trubalance 13D , Grant Stone Leo 13E and Allen Edmonds Higgins Mill 13EEE and was advised Viberg 2030 in size US13.

Since then I have been communicating with Division Road and they advise, based on the same info that I should go for US12 in 2030.....

Yes, if you wear a 13E in Leo/Barrie and 13D in TB, a size 12 on 2030 would qualify as crazy DR sizing advice. Coincidentally size 12 is also the largest size DR usually carries. Just need someone to ask about the sample sale and you've got a bingo

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When you say "US13" do you mean Viberg 13?

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you say "US13" do you mean Viberg 13?
Are US13 and Viberg 13 different?
I mean I would want to go for US13 as that's what I wear in everything with width depending on the last/brand. Does that correspond to Viberg 13 or Viberg 12 ?

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Are US13 and Viberg 13 different?
I mean I would want to go for US13 as that's what I wear in everything with width depending on the last/brand. Does that correspond to Viberg 13 or Viberg 12 ?
Viberg purportedly uses UK sizing, but as you have already learned, that’s just, like, their opinion, man...

It seems you’ve narrowed your sizing to a Viberg 13, which sounds right if you wear Trubalance/Barrie 13D, and your feet are on the wider side (E/EEE on Brannock)...

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DR sizing advice is crazy. Over on Reddit some guy posted their one year review of the Oiled Mocha Horsebutt in 1035 and talked about how painful they were to break in and that he lost so much skin from tearing up his heel over the months...like that is not normal.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score

I'll jump in here, as the "crazy" DR sizing advice is only crazy for what seems like a pretty even split of people here. For some, including me, it has been spot on.

I am comfortable in a 7.5 in the 2030, and wear either a 8EEE or an 8.5E in the Grant Stone Leo. I will be surprised if a size 13 in the 2030 (I am talking about the Viberg size printed on the box, boot or website!) is not rather loose on you. Given the DR return policy, why not give the 12 a try?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll jump in here, as the "crazy" DR sizing advice is only crazy for what seems like a pretty even split of people here. For some, including me, it has been spot on.

I am comfortable in a 7.5 in the 2030, and wear either a 8EEE or an 8.5E in the Grant Stone Leo. I will be surprised if a size 13 in the 2030 (I am talking about the Viberg size printed on the box, boot or website!) is not rather loose on you. Given the DR return policy, why not give the 12 a try?
+1

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, if you wear a 13E in Leo/Barrie and 13D in TB, a size 12 on 2030 would qualify as crazy DR sizing advice. Coincidentally size 12 is also the largest size DR usually carries. Just need someone to ask about the sample sale and you've got a bingo
Hey, how do you think they're gonna handle the sample same this year? :p

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg purportedly uses UK sizing, but as you have already learned, that’s just, like, their opinion, man...

It seems you’ve narrowed your sizing to a Viberg 13, which sounds right if you wear Trubalance/Barrie 13D, and your feet are on the wider side (E/EEE on Brannock)...

Thanks for the advice.

DR sizing advice is crazy. Over on Reddit some guy posted their one year review of the Oiled Mocha Horsebutt in 1035 and talked about how painful they were to break in and that he lost so much skin from tearing up his heel over the months...like that is not normal.

I am also interested in the Shelby Brogue boots which are in horsebutt (waxed black or asphalt) and definitely do not want that experience.

Would the type of leather and it's own stretch properties also have an impact on the size?
Like Horsebutt may not stretch enough to be comfortable but CXL may stretch a bit more over time ?

Thanks for your advice. The only thing preventing me from availing the DR return policy is International shipping costs (to and from) Singapore and the heartburn it causes :)

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean to be fair, I haven’t ever broken in a pair of shoes that didn’t chew little bit of my heel for a period; I had read that as a slight exaggeration for comedic effect. That said, as one of their former victims, I fully agree that DR sizes people way to small.

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
Maybe I’m the only one... My first pair of boots came from DR and they advised I go 1.5 down from my average sneaker size. So my 8.5 went to a 7 and I now have 5 pairs all 7’s (2030 and 110) and I find they fit me perfectly. :hide:

ksolis01

Reaction score
Maybe I’m the only one... My first pair of boots came from DR and they advised I go 1.5 down from my average sneaker size. So my 8.5 went to a 7 and I now have 5 pairs all 7’s (2030 and 110) and I find they fit me perfectly. :hide:
From recent posts, its seem to be half half. Half of people have gotten perfect advice and the other half has gotten crazy advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads