• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Speed hooks are the other reason (for me).

Sometimes I feel like a lonely holdout, what with my preference for speed hooks (though most of my boots don't have them), and structured (or partially structured) toes.

Like a lot of you, though, the 2020 last just doesn't appeal to me with my E-width feet. The perfect glove-like, seemingly custom-tailored fit of 2030 on my feet is such that I can't imagine going to anything more fitted.

I also can't imagine going to anything even more dress-like than 2030. I'm starting to favor rounder toes (and just ordered the Standard & Strange x Wesco Axe Breaker the other day, by the way).

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm making a final mental push here. For E width people who have tried the 2020 last, was just going up a half size and pretending it was a D width enough? For example, 11.5D Barrie is just a hair too tight for me but both 11.5E and 12D are great. 11.5 is a nice snug fit all around in 2030. I'm falling into CMT1's trap and the more I don't buy the Amarettos the more I love that warm medium brown.

nareichert

Reaction score
Ok I'm making a final mental push here. For E width people who have tried the 2020 last, was just going up a half size and pretending it was a D width enough? For example, 11.5D Barrie is just a hair too tight for me but both 11.5E and 12D are great. 11.5 is a nice snug fit all around in 2030. I'm falling into CMT1's trap and the more I don't buy the Amarettos the more I love that warm medium brown.
What's your Brannock?

Viajuero

Reaction score
I couldn’t make it work even going up a half size. I honestly found the 2050 to be more forgiving.

CMT1

Reaction score
'm falling into CMT1's trap and the more I don't buy the Amarettos the more I love that warm medium brown.

I am really, really really sorry man.

If it helps not spend the $, I am a normal volume foot kind of dude and can get away with a narrow width in stuff like EG's Galway. I messed up once, ordered a D width forgetting all about UK sizing, and kept them because they still worked.

CrQe7sB.jpg

adrs1157

Reaction score
I'm borderline E width and half size up from 2030 is a perfect fit for me. I wear Barrie 8.5E and Grant 9E. In 2030, I wear 8.5 and 2020 size 9. Hope this helps.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

11.5 D Barrie doesn’t work well for me because it’s too narrow at the toes, 11.5 2020 is perfect.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Viberg: What do you want?
Consumers: horsebutt, other lasts, some —
Viberg: More Dublin!!!
Viberg: When do you want it!
consumers: ?
Viberg: Now!

?

I love Dublin, but have no boots made of it (yet). I have an entire backpack made of it, as well as a laptop sleeve (both in a nut brown color). I love how Dublin wrinkles, the hand, the pullup, the depth of color. It gets aged looking quick, and wears scratches and scuffs beautifully.

If I hadn't just bought the DR olive waxed flesh / natural CXL Bobcats -- and also just placed an order for the SS x Wesco Axe Breaker -- the DR natural Dublin 2040's or the .com dark rubber Dublin 2030's would be high on my list.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Viberg: What do you want?
Consumers: horsebutt, other lasts, some —
Viberg: More Dublin!!!
Viberg: When do you want it!
consumers: ?
Viberg: Now!

Now we're talking! All this squawkin' about shell, meh. There was a beautiful Parkhurst boot in color 8 Dublin, but I cannot wear their narrow last. This is going to be hard to resist....but ya, wish it was on something more interesting than the straight 7-eye 2030 w/Dainite.

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

I love Dublin, but have no boots made of it (yet). I have an entire backpack made of it, as well as a laptop sleeve (both in a nut brown color). I love how Dublin wrinkles, the hand, the pullup, the depth of color. It gets aged looking quick, and wears scratches and scuffs beautifully.

If I hadn't just bought the DR olive waxed flesh / natural CXL Bobcats -- and also just placed an order for the SS x Wesco Axe Breaker -- the DR natural Dublin 2040's or the .com dark rubber Dublin 2030's would be high on my list.
Ha, don’t get me wrong. I like Horween Dublin.

I had the natural Dublin Viberg pair from Division Road and really liked the hand feel and it was really comfortable. My only gripe, being small at that, is that it doesn’t breathe well. My feet got sweaty from those boots more than most.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Ha, don’t get me wrong. I like Horween Dublin.

I had the natural Dublin Viberg pair from Division Road and really liked the hand feel and it was really comfortable. My only gripe, being small at that, is that it doesn’t breathe well. My feet got sweaty from those boots more than most.

The flesh side of the flap on my Dublin backpack looks and feels rather like a tight-nap waxed flesh. @caffed, do you have any waxed flesh boots? If so, did you feel the Dublin was less breathable or similarly breathable as waxed flesh?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads