• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
online SS would be the WORST idea for us; resellers are always lurking and this is an open invite for bots to ‘eat’ and literally wipe all stock. I hope they save it for next year.

lol for real. Buy bot access, set parameter “shell”, set parameter “horsebutt”, buy everything it a microsecond, profit.

all without having to even get out of bed

ksolis01

Reaction score
lol for real. Buy bot access, set parameter “shell”, set parameter “horsebutt”, buy everything it a microsecond, profit.

all without having to even get out of bed
Captcha and make it mandatory it make an accoubt to buy? Alse set limits per account.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Captcha and make it mandatory it make an accoubt to buy? Alse set limits per account.

there’s absolutely no way a company as small as Viberg is going to have any kind of bot defense, plus they use Shopify as their store platform which is totally open to it anyway. They also have less than zero interest in limiting people’s sample sale purchases, the entire goal of the sales is to move as much **** as fast as possible. Anyone who thinks that the sale is some kind of community favor or something is deluding themselves.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Where do they all go? I’ve had “Viberg shell” as an eBay notifications for the last year and honestly not that much stock moves through it.
Wow! The really happened?

I have seen this in person for the last three years now at the sample sale in New York.
There have been entrepreneurial people who got the early access (or were on the line since 5 or 530am), then set up a WhatsApp group as a proxy and grabbed pretty much all the shells and good make ups in the first hour of the sample sale with no need to go to Ebay whatsoever.
Probably their pairs came free and I honestly give them the credit they deserve for their enterprise, even though I have left empty handed every SINGLE time except one time I got an oversized pair I sold right after.
I applaud their dedication and commitment to it and unless Viberg changes the playing rules, it will continue to happen unabated.

ksolis01

Reaction score
there’s absolutely no way a company as small as Viberg is going to have any kind of bot defense, plus they use Shopify as their store platform which is totally open to it anyway. They also have less than zero interest in limiting people’s sample sale purchases, the entire goal of the sales is to move as much **** as fast as possible. Anyone who thinks that the sale is some kind of community favor or something is deluding themselves.

Captcha is free and can be implemented by any competent web developer.

ksolis01

Reaction score
Kinda was hoping Viberg could do the bare minimum fo an online sale but given their mistakes this year...

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
you guys can’t even imagine the frustration I go through on [almost] a daily basis when trying to buy sneakers online; resell value can be 5x that of retail. Imagine if bots bought out all shell releases and the only way to purchase was through resell market.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
First post here as recently have started looking at Vibergs. No plans to buy just yet but need some sizing advice. Need to be sure on sizing before making any decisions as I live in Singapore and have no way of trying out any pairs and international returns are costly and messy. I wear :

Alden Trubalance Last - 13D
Grant Stone Leo last - 13E
Allen Edmonds (201, 65, 1757 lasts) -13EEE with room for thick socks.

Viberg 2030 = ??
Viberg 2020 = ??

Thanks in advance.
Tirthak

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
First post here as recently have started looking at Vibergs. No plans to buy just yet but need some sizing advice. Need to be sure on sizing before making any decisions as I live in Singapore and have no way of trying out any pairs and international returns are costly and messy. I wear :

Alden Trubalance Last - 13D
Grant Stone Leo last - 13E
Allen Edmonds (201, 65, 1757 lasts) -13EEE with room for thick socks.

Viberg 2030 = ??
Viberg 2020 = ??

Thanks in advance.
Tirthak

2030 - 13
2020- probably not a great fit for you based on your wide foot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads