• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nareichert

Reaction score

Sdig14

Reaction score
Kevin from Miloh Shop just updated that the brown horsebutt service boot 2030 last preorder is cancelled because the leather is no longer available. Pretty bummed :(
Seriously? I saw someone asked them about it on their most recent Instagram post and they said that the brown horsebutt should be in "this week, if not today", LOL. How do you go from expecting the boots in like today to a few days later saying the whole thing is cancelled?

Or was there a 2nd pre-order? Because I thought there was just the one drop and one pre-order.

I got on the pre-order for the dark brown waxed flesh, hope that one is still on. It's a more common leather option, so I assume it will be fine...

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would be a solid boot, but I also think there is a reason this chelsea still has a ton of sizes left - https://divisionroadinc.com/collect...boot-2050-dainite-dark-brown-washed-horsehide

The leather to me is nice, but not great. Just my opinion. Though, there aren't many opportunities to grab a 9 eyelet service boot with an unstructured toe these days... so there's that positive angle too.

I mean, it’s not an objective statement. I don’t like that Miloh horsebutt leather to begin with

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously? I saw someone asked them about it on their most recent Instagram post and they said that the brown horsebutt should be in "this week, if not today", LOL. How do you go from expecting the boots in like today to a few days later saying the whole thing is cancelled?

I had commented on his Instagram, you misunderstood. I had asked if he had heard from Viberg as he had mentioned on Reddit there was an issue and was waiting on them for a solution. His answer wasn’t that they would be arriving but that Viberg would have an answer.

Sdig14

Reaction score
I had commented on his Instagram, you misunderstood. I had asked if he had heard from Viberg as he had mentioned on Reddit there was an issue and was waiting on them for a solution. His answer wasn’t that they would be arriving but that Viberg would have an answer.
Oh ok, that makes more sense. Thanks. Very confusing as I have resisted joining Reddit for a decade or so.

I know Viberg can be unreliable, but figured going from in hand to cancelled seemed unlikely for them, ha.

Cheers!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kevin from Miloh Shop just updated that the brown horsebutt service boot 2030 last preorder is cancelled because the leather is no longer available. Pretty bummed :(
Sounds like resale just went up ???

robster288

Reaction score

I would expect that prior to taking peoples money, you should check with Viberg whether the leather is available and how many pairs can be made, then accept pre-sales for that number of boots.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would expect that prior to taking peoples money, you should check with Viberg whether the leather is available and how many pairs can be made, then accept pre-sales for that number of boots.

He did. Viberg approved the re-order. Then weeks later Viberg ended up using the leather for themselves. Viberg fucked up, it was out of Kevin’s hands.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s entirely possible that he was told one thing by Viberg that just changed. I mean this is Viberg of the “We added orange binding to shell boots, hope you don’t notice” we are talking about.

robster288

Reaction score
He did. Viberg approved the re-order. Then weeks later Viberg ended up using the leather for themselves. Viberg fucked up, it was out of Kevin’s hands.

I can believe that...but where are the Viberg boots for sale that used that leather? There have been no MTO's or runs that I'm aware of in that leather. Should we expect a release of boots in that leather from Viberg or another retailer?

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can believe that...but where are the Viberg boots for sale that used that leather? There have been no MTO's or runs that I'm aware of in that leather. Should we expect a release of boots in that leather from Viberg or another retailer?
I guess wait and see what Viberg does with it. I wouldn’t expect it until next year since we already know what Drops 3 and 4 of this year will entail.

ksolis01

Reaction score
Well now, this has put me in a predicament. The 110 wheat boot is in stock in my size and I get a discount, but the 110 last is roomier than the 2030 according to reviews. I could also join the preorder for the mushroom chamois though I find the sole boring. Could also get a viberg chelsea in brown calf or snuff. Ironically my boring black calf viberg chelsea gets more use than my viberg service boots since it's quicker to put on.

boyoi

Reaction score
I like brown washed horsehide leather better than Miloh's horsebutt. His makeup with this leather would make for a pretty cool boot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads