• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just listed my Size 9 DR Arabica Calf Suede Derbies in the Buy & Sell thread:

left-inner.jpg

$625 will get them shipped to you anywhere in the Continental US of A.

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
Oh you dirty copy cat! ;)
They look great man! Did you get JR leather outsoles too?
HA! I asked in the thread if the job was done for one of the members and got no response. Later I found you on IG (and commented on the pic of them).
As per Nick’s request, JR everything. Only thing separating our pair is the laces it seems :fistbump:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HA! I asked in the thread if the job was done for one of the members and got no response. Later I found you on IG (and commented on the pic of them).
As per Nick’s request, JR everything. Only thing separating our pair is the laces it seems :fistbump:
Yep, I think you have that heel panel that’s smooth, but otherwise the same.

I found that JR to be pretty stiff in the beggining but I got it broken in. Really meant to last!

congrats! ?

karmaguy

Reaction score
I apologize for being that guy but I’ve received different advice on sizing for the service boot: I have a realllly old pair of visvim virigls in size 9, and then I wear a 41 in CP Achilles and 9 in chacos (these are literally the only kinds of l shoes I own, I know it’s weird). Division road said I’m an 8 or 8.5 but they weren’t sure and then viberg said go for 8.5. I’ve got a more narrow foot so I feel like the 8 is a better bet but figured I’d see if SF could steer me towards either size...

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize for being that guy but I’ve received different advice on sizing for the service boot: I have a realllly old pair of visvim virigls in size 9, and then I wear a 41 in CP Achilles and 9 in chacos (these are literally the only kinds of l shoes I own, I know it’s weird). Division road said I’m an 8 or 8.5 but they weren’t sure and then viberg said go for 8.5. I’ve got a more narrow foot so I feel like the 8 is a better bet but figured I’d see if SF could steer me towards either size...

Let us know your brannock size using the printable version here

leephil

Reaction score
definitely go for 8 or even 7.5. would not recommend 8.5

Viajuero

Reaction score

I used to have kangaroo virgils in a 9 that I sold because they were snug (more due to width). I’m a Viberg 8. That’s just one anecdote; it’s risky to opt for the smaller side of Division Road’s recommendations, so getting your Brannock measured is good advice.

ChemBoi95

Reaction score
All 145 Oxford owners, I’m curious if any of you have had issues breaking them in with the leather rubbing against the interior ankle bone (specifically for the franklin oxfords from withered fig) or am I the only one?
thanks!

mattw

Reaction score
All 145 Oxford owners, I’m curious if any of you have had issues breaking them in with the leather rubbing against the interior ankle bone (specifically for the franklin oxfords from withered fig) or am I the only one?
thanks!

Not a Franklin owner, but I have 2 pairs. It's the outer ankle bone that gets me on break in. However it plays out, yes, I would say breaking these in is a chore in a way it isn't for boots, because of the lower edge.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FD588C9F-4C8E-4402-A07C-027C6D045313.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads