• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turns31

Reaction score
I think these are officially my favorite boots now.

Attachments

• PXL_20200918_162327070.jpg
    PXL_20200918_162327070.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 72

dsk321

Reaction score
Any advice on sizing the 2030? I've seen a few different sources with varying opinions, I wear:

10uk on trickers 4497 (a little generous instep, slightly cramped pinkies but nothing painful, doubtful I could go 9.5)
10.5d gs leo boots(very good fit overall)
10.5d nicks 55 (also very good fit, space in toebox but not loose)

There's potential for me to nab a pair of scouts in size 10 in cxl roughout, and it seems everyone goes either barrie size or .5 smaller, but I've also seen info that the 2030 matches the trickers

Turns31

Reaction score
Any advice on sizing the 2030? I've seen a few different sources with varying opinions, I wear:

10uk on trickers 4497 (a little generous instep, slightly cramped pinkies but nothing painful, doubtful I could go 9.5)

There's potential for me to nab a pair of scouts in size 10 in cxl roughout, and it seems everyone goes either barrie size or .5 smaller, but I've also seen info that the 2030 matches the trickers
Half size down from GS Leo.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find waxed flesh that are not on 2030 last please?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do the same size on the 2030 as GS Leo.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do they compare side by side? With the same socks on is one noticeable wider/tighter/longer than the other?
I just swapped my left boot for a GS Diesel, and subjectively, the LEO last is a tad roomier in the toebox and widthwise across the vamp, and maybe just a touch longer. Here's a side-by-side of the right boot from the Diesel pair (top) and the left boot of the Viberg Derbies:

20200918_comparison.jpg

dsk321

Reaction score
I just swapped my left boot for a GS Diesel, and subjectively, the LEO last is a tad roomier in the toebox and widthwise across the vamp, and maybe just a touch longer. Here's a side-by-side of the right boot from the Diesel pair (top) and the left boot of the Viberg Derbies:

View attachment 1461110
Cool thank you for that. I'll have to do 10.5 in viberg, if the leo is a touch more generous at the same size (which fits me comfortably, a thin pedag can fit but tightens everything more than needed) half size down on the 2030 will probably be a no go.

alpenglowing

Reaction score
Cool thank you for that. I'll have to do 10.5 in viberg, if the leo is a touch more generous at the same size (which fits me comfortably, a thin pedag can fit but tightens everything more than needed) half size down on the 2030 will probably be a no go.

For another point of reference, I found the GS Leo last to be more snug than the 2030 last (both size 10). The 2030 feels slightly longer and slightly wider for me, though not enough to go down in size.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Echoing others, same size as Leo/Barrie. If you have narrower or lower volume feet you can probably get away with another .5 down

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads