• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I love the upper choices as well, but hate the sole. If the sole is the only thing holding you back, PM me let's talk resole options ?

I didn't want more 2030. I didn't want more wedge soles (with three pairs of Red Wings so outfitted and two Gloxi-Cut Vibergs already). I didn't want an unstructured toe.

But how on earth was I supposed to pass these up?

1598651336492.png

I couldn't resist that combo of hides -- I don't remember seeing anything quite like them. I wanted to eventually pick up a pair of natural Chromexcel boots and don't have any footwear made of it (though I do have a big, beautiful backpack made entirely of it). I've been looking at some olive waxed flesh makeups by other makers. But the sum of these hides in this Bobcat is (for me) better than either alone in the other boots I've seen made of them.

So this leather and color combo won me over enough to overlook a 2030 last I already have plenty of, a sole type I have plenty of, and a toe structure (or lack of one) that I never really intended on trying.

@smartbrother, PM coming soon regarding re-soling options and recommendations. Unless otherwise recommended, I'll likely wear these down as one normally would before I re-sole them.

mitchmurr62

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else jumped on the 3sixteen Vintage Mocha restock a few days ago, but apparently it must have been an error with the website, because those 2 boots were not restocked and they have both been delisted from the website. 3sixteen ended up shipping me something but I'm not quite sure what exactly since they sent me this email just now:

"Sorry! We just discovered that the boots that we sent you are incorrect. They are in a leather that is different from the Vintage Mocha that you ordered and this style has yet to be released. We apologize for this error and the inconvenience that we may have caused. When you receive the boots, please take a look at them and let us know how you'd like to proceed. We can email you a label to have the boots sent back to us for a refund, or, if you like the boots and want to keep them, we can offer you a 30% discount off of them. Please let us know at your earliest convenience!"
ARRRGGGHHHH....was going to pull the trigger on those Vintage Mochas!!! Made room on my boot shelf, ordered the arrival balloons & everything!! Dang!!

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else jumped on the 3sixteen Vintage Mocha restock a few days ago, but apparently it must have been an error with the website, because those 2 boots were not restocked and they have both been delisted from the website. 3sixteen ended up shipping me something but I'm not quite sure what exactly since they sent me this email just now:

"Sorry! We just discovered that the boots that we sent you are incorrect. They are in a leather that is different from the Vintage Mocha that you ordered and this style has yet to be released. We apologize for this error and the inconvenience that we may have caused. When you receive the boots, please take a look at them and let us know how you'd like to proceed. We can email you a label to have the boots sent back to us for a refund, or, if you like the boots and want to keep them, we can offer you a 30% discount off of them. Please let us know at your earliest convenience!"

Okay, I love my 3sixteen Vintage Mochas. I saw the Andrew Chen originals and thought "I'd like a pair of those with structured toes." Bingo. (I went with the cap toe version, which was as close as I was getting to that.)

Having said that, your situation seems quite fun at the moment. On the one hand, it's not going to be the Vintage Mocha you originally wanted. On the other hand, you have something interesting to look forward to that may even be better than what you wanted -- and, if so, you're going to get 30% off them!

Good luck, and please do show us what you end up with, whether you keep them or not.

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
Damn you guys. I just sent my boots to nick at pekin this week and now I’m going to have to get those bobcats and send them out as well.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's a lot of things I hate about this boot but I'd say the ugliest part is how the paneling has light leather over dark on the front and dark leather over light on the back. For some reason it just looks visually wrong.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’ve never seen this crepe sole on a viberg build
View attachment 1448838

• Lactae Hevea Crepe Sole
Those are pretty tasty and if I hadn’t picked up a pair of 9 eyelet Alden earth lords recently I’d probably be in on those.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the general consensus on sizing for the 310 last? Down 0.5 from 2030/1035?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics