• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slipper question:

I order suede slippers a full size down from my 2030 size. There's beautiful but there's noticeable heal slip on both heels. Everywhere else fits awesome. Has anyone had this initial experience and then had it self-correct over time, have you just dealt with the heal slip since day one, or did you say F it and return them?
You could also put a thin insole in

mattw

Reaction score
Slipper question:

I order suede slippers a full size down from my 2030 size. There's beautiful but there's noticeable heal slip on both heels. Everywhere else fits awesome. Has anyone had this initial experience and then had it self-correct over time, have you just dealt with the heal slip since day one, or did you say F it and return them?

Yes. It's partially corrected, but I can't say if it will continue to correct or if a little will always be there. I would not be able to fit in another half size down.

Chop Chop

Reaction score
Do you take 2030 1/2 down from brannock or a full size down?

Full size down. The slippers have no room in the heel. They're spot on but the lack of heel support or whatever simply allows slip.

I'm going to buy a heel liner and see if that does the trick. Shoes look amazing!

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe they are silently adding new models(?)

11 total now. Whole lotta suede.

Sorrento

Reaction score
Definitely some new ones there - Fog Waxed Veldt in a plain toe 2030 wasn't there before

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe they are silently adding new models(?)

11 total now. Whole lotta suede.

Crickets. This drop is shaping up to be so boring people aren't even bothering to complain.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Drop Three

Upper leathers, including suedes, have been custom manufactured with waterproofing treatments to provide functionality across all conditions.

Perhaps I just missed a previous mention of the waterproofing treatments, but I wasn't aware of it until now.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I just missed a previous mention of the waterproofing treatments, but I wasn't aware of it until now.
I know CF Stead has repello suede that has waterproofing product worked into the production process

Incainwetrust

Reaction score
Crickets. This drop is shaping up to be so boring people aren't even bothering to complain.
What do you want? WF releases an out of the Viberg style make up and it doesn’t reach your mark, so you must have incredible creative make up prowess. Go work for Viberg.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you want? WF releases an out of the Viberg style make up and it doesn’t reach your mark, so you must have incredible creative make up prowess. Go work for Viberg.
1597436084082.png

bootyboy

Reaction score
1597437701554.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads