• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Still one of my favorites, I went with the beaver fur kudus today (with apologies for the bland work backdrop):

IMG_20200805_185901.jpg

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Really nice. How's the feel of the leather? Soft, rigid, etc.?

I have these and the peanut kudu makeup, and both were surprisingly soft and supple from the start, and now a bit softer with wear.

There's a lot going on with these, some areas with bison-like big wrinkles, tighter grain in other areas, scars, scratches, and marks all over. I'd be curious how a plain-toe service boot in 1035 would look in this hide.

mitchmurr62

Reaction score
I have these and the peanut kudu makeup, and both were surprisingly soft and supple from the start, and now a bit softer with wear.
Peanut Kudu! I missed out on those before they sold out & I've been searching & waiting for someone to sell their size 10s someday. I live in hope.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Looks like 3sixteen is doing a 15% off everything sale this weekend starting tomorrow. They have a lot more makeups on their site since the last time I looked.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question about a pair of boots, hoping to get some help here. I just bought these from NMWA (1035 last service boots):

I'm normally between a 12.5-13D in U.S. sneaker sizing, a 12-12.5 for boots and Alden's Barrie last. I've purchased pre-owned Vibergs in a 12 and they're worked fairly well for me. I got the boots above in a size 11.5 and while they work, they feel a bit snug in the toe box; specifically the width. Is this normal? Should I expect them to stretch/give a bit? I love the boots, but don't want to suffer and hurt my feet.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question about a pair of boots, hoping to get some help here. I just bought these from NMWA (1035 last service boots):

I'm normally between a 12.5-13D in U.S. sneaker sizing, a 12-12.5 for boots and Alden's Barrie last. I've purchased pre-owned Vibergs in a 12 and they're worked fairly well for me. I got the boots above in a size 11.5 and while they work, they feel a bit snug in the toe box; specifically the width. Is this normal? Should I expect them to stretch/give a bit? I love the boots, but don't want to suffer and hurt my feet.

Sounds like you've already determined a 12 works best for you.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've already determined a 12 works best for you.

The 12s I bought had a little bit of extra space in them. Not too big, but a bit of room. These 11.5s are sort of a perfect fit; no extra room. I'm wondering if those of you that have experience with Vibergs (specifically suede ones) find that after a bit of wear, the toe box "gives" a bit.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
The 12s I bought had a little bit of extra space in them. Not too big, but a bit of room. These 11.5s are sort of a perfect fit; no extra room. I'm wondering if those of you that have experience with Vibergs (specifically suede ones) find that after a bit of wear, the toe box "gives" a bit.

My experience is that they give some. I'm like you, a tweener with 7.5 and 8, but usually opt for the 7.5. I have wide feet with high arches, so Viberg break-in is a little rough for me. So I go through some hell with my annoyingly wider & higher volume left foot, while my right foot smiles in complete bliss. But lefty always gets there with time and a little effort. I can do the 8, but eventually end up with something that I'm limited to use with thicker socks - and I don't like the clown feet feeling. In the long run, I'm always glad that I stuck with the smaller size as they end up just right.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well I'm not sure "a bit snug" constitutes a perfect fit but it comes down to personal preference. Suede boots will give some but it depends just how snug they are currently. Personally, I usually err on the side of a little extra room with boots than having to deal with a painful break in but there's no right or wrong answer. You can also play with sock thickness to either make the 11.5s fit better or to soak up some room in the 12s.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I now have multiple pairs of 11.5 and 12 in the 2030 last, I wear thin dress socks with the 11.5 and chup socks in the 12s. I can also squeeze a small arch support in the 12s, my color 4 horsebutt in size 12 with a shaved down Superfeet insole has become my go to for “I’m gonna be on my feet from sunrise to sunset” boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads