• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turns31

Reaction score
I was going to ask how many pairs of these you ordered :laugh:

But seriously this pair looks great
Only need one when the stockist knows what I'm looking for and provides great communication.

Turns31

Reaction score
When did they change up their heel pads? Thought it used to be a longer, perforated one.

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_072934.jpg
    IMG_20200716_072934.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 80

leephil

Reaction score
When did they change up their heel pads? Thought it used to be a longer, perforated one.
they must've changed em after the DAMNING withered fig review. imagine being backstabbed by your own stockist like that smh. wouldn't be surprised if they get less makeups now

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they must've changed em after the DAMNING withered fig review. imagine being backstabbed by your own stockist like that smh. wouldn't be surprised if they get less makeups now
Can you link to the review?

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol they changed them well before that. It's likely most of the new makeups will have this older style of insert again, although there is also a slightly longer one with non-perforated arch as well.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol they changed them well before that. It's likely most of the new makeups will have this older style of insert again, although there is also a slightly longer one with non-perforated arch as well.
It was still recent. I'm assuming the change is the result of them having so many of the new ones coming unglued.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered previously - haven't had time to go through this entire thread - but I'm wondering how sizing of the Viberg Country Boot and Chelseas compare to Alden Indys (and other brands/lasts). For example, I wear an 8 in Clarks, a 7.5 Alden Chukka, and a 7 in Alden Indys (and similarly for Red Wing Mocs - 7). Where does that leave me for Vibergs? Thanks!

xghostsniperx

Reaction score
This is a bad take. Are you saying Viberg is somehow in the right here? Their latest batch of mushroom chamois 145s were manufactured off spec with a structured toe. Half of their new boots were lost in the mail. The insoles on these camel slippers don’t stay glued down. Not to mention the multitude of other stories - MTOs being messed up, Rivet & Hide’s tobacco chamois boot getting a captoe without being in spec.

Withered Fig didn’t really burn them in their review, they gave their customers instruction on how to fix. These are $500+ pieces of footwear, I don’t think it’s that much to expect them to have these problems upon delivery or in the first couple months.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a bad take. Are you saying Viberg is somehow in the right here? Their latest batch of mushroom chamois 145s were manufactured off spec with a structured toe. Half of their new boots were lost in the mail. The insoles on these camel slippers don’t stay glued down. Not to mention the multitude of other stories - MTOs being messed up, Rivet & Hide’s tobacco chamois boot getting a captoe without being in spec.

Withered Fig didn’t really burn them in their review, they gave their customers instruction on how to fix. These are $500+ pieces of footwear, I don’t think it’s that much to expect them to have these problems upon delivery or in the first couple months.

All of this is reasonable criticism, but I don't think we can hold Viberg accountable for a ****-up with the mail. Everyone's been having those.

InternetTears

Reaction score
They’ve changed the heel pads multiple times recently. The perforated heel pad had “two versions”, one without foam and one with foam underneath. They then changed it to the shittty one that wouldn’t stay glued and now they have another one that does stay glued but has no contour of the arch.

As long as it stays glued, it really doesn’t do much other than prevent your sock from touching the nails. I’m just saying this because I didn’t not like the foam version at all.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered previously - haven't had time to go through this entire thread - but I'm wondering how sizing of the Viberg Country Boot and Chelseas compare to Alden Indys (and other brands/lasts). For example, I wear an 8 in Clarks, a 7.5 Alden Chukka, and a 7 in Alden Indys (and similarly for Red Wing Mocs - 7). Where does that leave me for Vibergs? Thanks!

I wear the same size (7.5) in an Alden Indy as a Viberg 2030/1035. I find the Vibergs run a little wider than the standard Trubalance D Indy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics