• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the smaller, more plentiful eyelets on slightly sleeker 2030 makeups with captoes but for more casual makeups like a plain toe boot on a clunker last like 2055 I think I like the bigger eyelets. They tend to work better with the rawhide laces, too

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SS oxfords arrived and sorry for the shorts and shoes look. They are so awesome and feel very substantial but fit great

Viberg.jpg
Viberg2.jpg

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I agree, I have this one and another on the 2030. I am partial to the 1035 last though and I mentioned before this shoe checked all boxes for me and usually the last is my 1st box to check off

Do you size down for 1035 lasted work oxfords? Withered Fig recommends this but I’ve heard conflicting things

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you size down for 1035 lasted work oxfords? Withered Fig recommends this but I’ve heard conflicting things

I actually sized the same as my boots
1035: size 10
2030: size 10.5 (not a preferred fit/last)
2020: size 10.5
Slipper: size 9.5

The oxford felt a bit roomy but not bad as I prefer a more generous fit.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my first pair of Viberg. I decided to go with the Scout Bamboo calf.

My previous boot experience stopped at Yanko. I don’t think I can look at any other boot the same after wearing these. I’m in awe!

9470F10D-9AB3-47A4-935B-8B4191715BFC.jpeg

alpenglowing

Reaction score

I tried this on the WF Mushroom Oxfords, and it didn’t work out for me (toes got cramped). I had to sell those, and went with my 1035/2030 boot size for the Miloh Shop Oxfords and for these new S&S Oxfords.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I tried this on the WF Mushroom Oxfords, and it didn’t work out for me (toes got cramped). I had to sell those, and went with my 1035/2030 boot size for the Miloh Shop Oxfords and for these new S&S Oxfords.

Svelt ankles by the way
money! If I didn’t have a charcoal chamois already these would be an instant purchase.

Lol I held out until my size was gone. And I just received some Crockett & Jones Black Edition Coniston's in rough out suede, so it didnt make sense all around.

But I still see there is a 7.5 in tobacco chamois, aaargh. The S&S Truman teacores are really cool too, IMO.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Viberg related but does anyone have experience with Benzein from Indonesia? Looks like they got some black teacore Horsebutt from Maryam and are offering a service boot for $300. Mods deleted the thread for whatever reason

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Viberg related but does anyone have experience with Benzein from Indonesia? Looks like they got some black teacore Horsebutt from Maryam and are offering a service boot for $300. Mods deleted the thread for whatever reason
I purchased a pair of their Chelsea boots but even with sending in my measurements they came out way too large. But the actual quality of the boot seemed very good for the price.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the general feeling on designers that are blatantly copying the design work of other makers at a lower price point? I recently saw a jacket I loved the look of but at an exorbitant price I would never pay for it. Messaged a repro company about designing something similar but having mixed feelings on it, especially because the original maker is not a big fashion house but a small independent firm. Seems like it skirts some ethical lines.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics