• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Wow I have never heard of them recommend going 2 sizes down from Brannock. I had a long chat with Kevin at DR, and he recommended 1.5 down for me in the 1035. I then sent him photos of the fit and he talked me through it. These vital noir calf in the 1035 are my most comfortable boot. What can you say, shoe fit is such a subjective moving target, since no two feet are alike and everyones sense of comfort is different too.
This was sized in person too, they squeezed me into a 9 with the thin socks I was wearing, and then told me an 8.5 would be better even though I barely fit into the 9.

gte872h

Reaction score
This was sized in person too, they squeezed me into a 9 with the thin socks I was wearing, and then told me an 8.5 would be better even though I barely fit into the 9.

Wow. Division Road has some cool makeups but some of the sizing advice I’m hearing about is pretty ridiculous.

Jpto

Reaction score
Wow. Division Road has some cool makeups but some of the sizing advice I’m hearing about is pretty ridiculous.

Yeah, I would never trust Division Road's sizing recommendations if you're Viberg newbie.

I once wrote them asking about the relative width/sizing on a Wesco boot they stock vs specific Alden and Viberg lasts. I got a lengthy response that I'm wearing my boots too large and don't know how heritage boots should fit.

Take a look at how Will, the person who answered my email, sizes his Vibergs. I can't imagine break in was comfortable or healthy for his feet.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would never trust Division Road's sizing recommendations if you're Viberg newbie.

I once wrote them asking about the relative width/sizing on a Wesco boot they stock vs specific Alden and Viberg lasts. I got a lengthy response that I'm wearing my boots too large and don't know how heritage boots should fit.

Take a look at how Will, the person who answered my email, sizes his Vibergs. I can't imagine break in was comfortable or healthy for his feet.

lol every email I’ve ever sent them has resulted in an absurdly long, rather condescending response with a lot of totally irrelevant paragraphs.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol every email I’ve ever sent them has resulted in an absurdly long, rather condescending response with a lot of totally irrelevant paragraphs.

lmao so the same as their copy for product descriptions?

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to pile onto them, but they seem like they truly buy into the luxury heritage menswear aesthetic. No one can wear that many peaky blinders hats and not be a true believer :)

apl_alt

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with both the 145 oxfords and the derby patterns? I own both Withered Fig 145s (mushroom and horsebutt crust) and the 3sixteen Red Dogs on Christy, and they are all super heavy. Kinda not feeling the "chopped boot" look any longer either.

I'm considering a couple of the derbies that Division Road has released recently - does anyone know if they have a lighter feel compared to the "clompy" feel of the 145s?

adrs1157

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with both the 145 oxfords and the derby patterns? I own both Withered Fig 145s (mushroom and horsebutt crust) and the 3sixteen Red Dogs on Christy, and they are all super heavy. Kinda not feeling the "chopped boot" look any longer either.

I'm considering a couple of the derbies that Division Road has released recently - does anyone know if they have a lighter feel compared to the "clompy" feel of the 145s?

Derbies are pretty heavy too. I had a pair of those red dog 145s and honestly I think they must be extra structured or something. Or perhaps the leather is just super heavy. That particular makeup is absurdly heavy and hard on the feet.

I have a pair of derbies in the oiled navy calf on dainite. Much softer leather. It's certainly lighter and doesn't look as chunky as the 145 stitchdown, but it's by no means a light shoe.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just tossing this out there based on the recent discussion: I bought my first pair of Vibergs from DR, and found Jason to be very helpful and seemingly quite knowledgeable, and the boots fit great in the size he recommended.

Turns31

Reaction score

I was buying a pair of Whites MPs from a small shop in CO a few months back when I asked them for sizing advice. I told him my Brannock size and what I wear in other brands. I wasn't sure if I was a 9 or 9.5 in their Barrie last. His response was, "Yeah man I buy the same size in every brand and don't really worry about fit, you know?". He seemed genuinely annoyed that I was asking sizing advice.

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Suppose I'll weigh in here:

I've found Jason & co. with DR friendly and helpful…but I absolutely LOVE the folks at Standard & Strange. So I always go there all other things equal.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Suppose I'll weigh in here:

I've found Jason & co. with DR friendly and helpful…but I absolutely LOVE the folks at Standard & Strange. So I always go there all other things equal.

They are local for me, I really need to check them out. Hoping that charcoal chamois sells out before I can do something stupid...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads