• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a response back from Viberg about the binding discrepancy on the Ivywoods:

"Thank you for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention. We're very sorry for the mistake. Unfortunately it would not be possible to remove the binding and / or put a new colour in. However, since we understand that this is not the exact product that was advertised, we'd be happy to offer you a prepaid return shipping label for you to send the boots back to us. We will process a full refund once they are received.

Let me know if this is of interest, I look forward to hearing back from you."

Kinda expected this response, but was hoping for a possible discount on these or promo code on a future purchase. Still haven't decided what I wanna do. I'll wait until my Bourbon pair comes in and make my decision then.
Thank you for letting us hold onto your 1300 dollars for the last few months, sorry we sent you boots that were different from what we advertised but you can get your money back...

Should have at least offered a partial refund to let you keep them. Gotta be easier than selling them for 800 at the sample sale.

nygooner

Reaction score
Thank you for letting us hold onto your 1300 dollars for the last few months, sorry we sent you boots that were different from what we advertised but you can get your money back...

Should have at least offered a partial refund to let you keep them. Gotta be easier than selling them for 800 at the sample sale.

Or call it special edition contrast binding and sell it at a premium.

kevenmee

Reaction score
Ive been offered partial refunds from a few retailers when items have showed up with issues. Some being footwear, others being clothing items that for one reason or another needed to be returned. It hasn’t been many times but the few times I’ve had issues some retailers have offered discounts.

I’m not sure I agree that partial refunds in this case would open the flood gates. We all (most at least) expect scuffs, scratches and leather variations. In my mind those things are wildly different than preordering a $1300 pair of boots and them not getting the specs correct. Now if there is nothing else wrong with the boots perhaps Viberg has decided they will just take the boots back and sell them on .com..... But a partial refund also wouldn’t be crazy IMO.

Guess the context helps - I've had some defects on Aldens, Carmina and Meermin. When I complained - they apologized and offered a refund (or exchange). Never had any offer a discount ...

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Viberg:

1591834853744.gif

nareichert

Reaction score
The new Herald boot looks interesting. Whole cut Shinki horsebutt. I may pull the trigger on these this Friday.

View attachment 1403549
I think these look amazing. Have been looking for a black side zip, and almost pulled the trigger on the Miloh Shop pair Kevin did. My hesitation with recent Viberg QC is holding me back... Is the Herald boot going to be readily available for retailers to order? The style looks great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads