• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mykii2704

Reaction score
Before seeing the brown binding right now I didn't mind the orange that much, but wow they messed up. If I had bought a pair I don't know what I would do.

I would return, without question. As someone who wasn't even on the pre-order, I am put off as a future potential customer of a pre-order. There has been endless mistakes for too long IMO, I just don't trust Viberg and they've done nothing to address or improve this way.

I'll stick to makeups already made and shipped, where I at least know what my money is definitively buying.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least they seem to have fixed their tiny toe cap problem, I haven’t seen a release with that in probably 9+ months. Still makes me nervous though, if I were doing an MTO I probably wouldn’t do a cap toe boot

gte872h

Reaction score
Why does orange binding even exist? And why does viberg have so much of it? Def a conspiracy going on.

Ok so this is what I was alluding to earlier with the white zippers on side zips... An unnamed stockist didn’t like that they only had white zippers at the factory at first so they waited until they had other colors available for their makeup.

Here’s an example of a pic from the natural shell binding from last year.
88EBA22E-D9CB-40D6-B1C7-B8B441F82A0A.jpeg

Clearly not orange. My unglazed shell does not have orange binding either. More recent makeups have the orange binding. It’s pretty obvious their old binding stock is gone and the new stock is orange.

For the Ivywoods I’m now wondering if they ran out of brown binding or if it was an honest mistake? Either way the results are unacceptable.

mykii2704

Reaction score
At least they seem to have fixed their tiny toe cap problem, I haven’t seen a release with that in probably 9+ months. Still makes me nervous though, if I were doing an MTO I probably wouldn’t do a cap toe boot

Totally. In addition to my "no pre-orders", I also won't do a toe-cap now either sight-unseen. These are $800-1400 boots. I need to know what I'm buying, sorry Viberg.

mykii2704

Reaction score
Ok so this is what I was alluding to earlier with the white zippers on side zips... An unnamed stockist didn’t like that they only had white zippers at the factory at first so they waited until they had other colors available for their makeup.

Here’s an example of a pic from the natural shell binding from last year.
View attachment 1401285

Clearly not orange. My unglazed shell does not have orange binding either. More recent makeups have the orange binding. It’s pretty obvious their old binding stock is gone and the new stock is orange.

For the Ivywoods I’m now wondering if they ran out of brown binding or if it was an honest mistake? Either way the results are unacceptable.

Maybe they had supply issues with the correct binding, and decided to use what they had to save $ and time. We'll never know what really transpired I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads