• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats off about them?

The welt looks a good deal wider than either of my Shelby's, and the toe looks large. Taller and even more rounded than the other versions. It's all creating the impression of a really fat 2030.

Ozuku

Reaction score
what did they say about the fact it was missing?

"Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I looked into this for you and found that since we had previously produced the Natural Shell Service Boot with and without the french binding, both makeups existed in our system. This run ended up being tagged as the version without french binding and we didn't catch it. This isn't something that would affect the price or quality of the boot, but it understandably isn't the exact product that was pictured during the pre-order. We typically don't allow returns on the pre-order items, but given the situation, we'd be willing to take the boots back and offer a full refund for your order."

...and then the Ivywoods had the binding from the natural shell. Not really sure what to make of that

Meelypops

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I looked into this for you and found that since we had previously produced the Natural Shell Service Boot with and without the french binding, both makeups existed in our system. This run ended up being tagged as the version without french binding and we didn't catch it. This isn't something that would affect the price or quality of the boot, but it understandably isn't the exact product that was pictured during the pre-order. We typically don't allow returns on the pre-order items, but given the situation, we'd be willing to take the boots back and offer a full refund for your order.
How generous of them to offer in such a way...

Ozuku

Reaction score
With 2 consecutive shell mistakes, I'm really hoping the Bourbons turn out as spec'd

Jimk4003

Reaction score
Did Viberg always use cork filling?
Someone did a teardown on Reddit a while ago, and there was a a foam insert in the forefoot section of the midsole. That was on a pre-2020 boot that still had a steel shank.

I imagine the sustainability focus that led to Viberg using wooden shanks instead of steel, and leather instead of celastic toe-puffs, is probably the same reasoning behind using cork filler instead of foam.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics