• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would you ask for?
1591353959634.png

Codysch123

Reaction score
To speak to the manager.
-Karen ?
Or maybe I’ll just take it into my own hands and try this fine shoe care product.
40B43880-45DE-4974-8DC2-1534A6CECA86.jpeg

But seriously, it sucks, but I do think careful application of dark brown stain may help. With over 10 pairs of Vibergs, 2 shell, and one more shell on the way, I’ve had three small quality issues. Viberg was more than willing to fix the other two, but as usual, I just fix it myself.
I suppose I’m hesitant to send boots back for repairs after a long waste of time sending a pair of Tankers back to Alden. They were supposed to repair a torn eyelet. Instead they just polished, replaced laces, and sent back a couple months later.

Ozuku

Reaction score
Ivywood landed. Very NOT stoked with the unexpected color change on the binding. But all the extras were nice. I really hope they don’t decide to start getting creative with the bourbon run...
Anyone think it’s worth contacting Viberg about the orange binding? The dark brown looked so much better.

I reached out to them regarding the natural shell that was missing binding...wasn't given the option to fix/add the binding but they offered a full return. I decided to keep mine, but you can definitely return the Ivywoods

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually reached out to Viberg about it? It’s just so odd to me, I’m trying to imagine this occurring in almost any other product field and it makes me laugh. Viberg either noticed and didn’t think people would notice or care, or they didn’t realize they did it. I’m not sure which is stranger.

gte872h

Reaction score
Has anyone actually reached out to Viberg about it? It’s just so odd to me, I’m trying to imagine this occurring in almost any other product field and it makes me laugh. Viberg either noticed and didn’t think people would notice or care, or they didn’t realize they did it. I’m not sure which is stranger.

How could someone not notice it? It’s the first thing you see when you look at them. The sad thing is that they went through with the build after the sewing stage.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How could someone not notice it? It’s the first thing you see when you look at them. The sad thing is that they went through with the build after the sewing stage.

Brett bet that everyone would bend over and take it and went full steam ahead. 0 ***** were given. And if there is backlash, he will claim that he is expressing his creativity with new designs and concepts and its proven to be successful in the past. :rolleyes:

gte872h

Reaction score
Brett bet that everyone would bend over and take it and went full steam ahead. 0 ***** were given. And if there is backlash, he will claim that he is expressing his creativity with new designs and concepts and its proven to be successful in the past. :rolleyes:

haha. Reminds me of when they kept using the white zippers on the side zips at the beginning and nobody liked them.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think its ******, but if given the option for the return or keep I probably would end up keeping and with wear I probably would care less. I'm not sure if anyone else has reached out

Meelypops

Reaction score
I've reached out about it and I'm currently waiting for them to get in touch, as are a few others (about ivywood binding)

Meelypops

Reaction score
I reached out to them regarding the natural shell that was missing binding...wasn't given the option to fix/add the binding but they offered a full return. I decided to keep mine, but you can definitely return the Ivywoods
what did they say about the fact it was missing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads