• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In for color 2s as well, hope these are true to their normal size and not this weird extended sizing some retailers have reported.

zargoz

Reaction score
Just me or does that color 2 look an awful lot like color 4?

Less red than older batches of Color 2 I've seen (photos only, don't have any), but pulled the trigger anyway. I have Color 4s already but I told myself these are different enough to keep both because Ridgeway. Will see how the shades compare IRL and may cut one.

I am pretty much maxed on service boots, would like to see some of these cool colors in a derby shoe or oxford. I need more variety and the slippers, chelseas, etc. aren't for me.

Anybody around here pick the brogue boots or shoes from a while back?

zargoz

Reaction score
In for color 2s as well, hope these are true to their normal size and not this weird extended sizing some retailers have reported.
I haven't seen these reports, was the issue with specific models and hides, or across the board? My go to 2030 size is 8 these days which is pretty generous, but sometimes 7.5 is just too tight in the toe box. So I go half up and use an insole if needed. But if they run even larger I might be in trouble.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen these reports, was the issue with specific models and hides, or across the board? My go to 2030 size is 8 these days which is pretty generous, but sometimes 7.5 is just too tight in the toe box. So I go half up and use an insole if needed. But if they run even larger I might be in trouble.

I have a pair in a size 10, and it feels somewhat snug after a couple hours so I bought some size 10.5s and they feel generous but i tried a thin insole and its perfect. Although across those 10.5s there have been some that dont need the insole and some that do. I just would rather be a little more comfortable than too tight and uncomfortable

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
passing on the #2s as tempted as I may be.

zargoz

Reaction score
I have a pair in a size 10, and it feels somewhat snug after a couple hours so I bought some size 10.5s and they feel generous but i tried a thin insole and its perfect. Although across those 10.5s there have been some that dont need the insole and some that do. I just would rather be a little more comfortable than too tight and uncomfortable
This is my approach as well. If a shoes is too tight I will never wear it and narrow toe boxes are kryptonite to me. I would rather err towards the generous side and use an insole if needed. This works unless they're just too long which why I'm curious about that "extended sizing" comment.

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems like it's across all models - particular to the last delivery.

Withered Fig called it out but a few retailers have said similar things although it's not on the product page:

Sizing: These specific Tochigi Natural Cowhide Service Boots run a half size (0.5) large. We recommend almost everyone size down 0.5 from your typical 1035/2030 size. Only if your current 1035/2030 size currently fits very tight (possibly missized), then you can take the same size for a roomier fit that will likely fit better for you.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like it's across all models - particular to the last delivery.

Withered Fig called it out but a few retailers have said similar things although it's not on the product page:

Sizing: These specific Tochigi Natural Cowhide Service Boots run a half size (0.5) large. We recommend almost everyone size down 0.5 from your typical 1035/2030 size. Only if your current 1035/2030 size currently fits very tight (possibly missized), then you can take the same size for a roomier fit that will likely fit better for you.

Miloh Shop had the same problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads