• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
Nice! That was the one for me from that release as well. Really like them.
I actually looked through some of your photos before deciding to buy them! They fit slightly longer/wider than my other pair of non shell 2030s which is perfect for me. I’m really happy with the purchase so far. I was hesitant as the 1035/2040 work better for my foot and I tend to shy away from the 2030 but this pair seems great for me!

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually looked through some of your photos before deciding to buy them! They fit slightly longer/wider than my other pair of non shell 2030s which is perfect for me. I’m really happy with the purchase so far. I was hesitant as the 1035/2040 work better for my foot and I tend to shy away from the 2030 but this pair seems great for me!

haha just doing my part!

That’s been my experience with unstructured 2030 vs structured - a tad bit longer.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah when I owned my pair of brown WF bergs I initially thought they accidentally sent me a pair of black WF because they were so dark.
In other news I’ll have pics up sometime but I just received the wheat rough out cap toes from Brooklyn and they are definitely going to be new favorites. They look amazing

I did the same, @caffed pictures put me over the edge and that make up wasn't even really on my radar. 2030 works well for me, and the faded wheat chamois looks great.

Last edited:

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came across these Viberg engineers on Imgur. I’ve never seen a pair of engineers with a captoe before. They look pretty great. Would love to see Viberg make more engineer boots

orionz06

Reaction score
Came across these Viberg engineers on Imgur. I’ve never seen a pair of engineers with a captoe before. They look pretty great. Would love to see Viberg make more engineer boots

It was this instant in time that I finally saw how cap toes were less formal. On service boots they've never seemed to be as less formal to me as others have felt, but now...

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
It was this instant in time that I finally saw how cap toes were less formal. On service boots they've never seemed to be as less formal to me as others have felt, but now...
To me it’s not so much the cap but the leather used that gives a more/ less formal appearance.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the Faded Wheat devout, I just got the thick waxed round braided whiskey laces from guarded goods - they color match perfectly ?

Hail Faded

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On cap toe formality, to me it depends on the shoe style and last. On an oxford, it reads as less formal. On a work boot, it makes me feel less like I'm trying to dress up as a construction worker. Irrational, for sure.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the Faded Wheat devout, I just got the thick waxed round braided whiskey laces from guarded goods - they color match perfectly ?

Hail Faded

Thank you for sharing! Just bought a couple pairs

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hail faded is right. These just landed and funny you posted about laces, I had these primed to go - guarded goods natural rawhide

Hail Faded

AE470FF1-EFFC-4D18-8EDC-8CB655337AA3.jpeg

I’m pretty geeked

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics