• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg has “excess” of all the leather they work with, enough to produce several more boots.
They usually use the remaining amount for remakes (lol) but they also do some experimenting to decide if they even want to keep working with the leather in the future.
For this bourbon run, I believe they have more because the printed shell was so damn bad that they had sheets leftover. ??

I don’t think Viberg embosses the leather themselves, that’s done by Horween.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg has “excess” of all the leather they work with, enough to produce several more boots.
They usually use the remaining amount for remakes (lol) but they also do some experimenting to decide if they even want to keep working with the leather in the future.
For this bourbon run, I believe they have more because the printed shell was so damn bad that they had sheets leftover. ??
First thing I thought was I hope they didn’t press those shells ahead of time ?

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like this is Viberg's new MTO for "didn't sell out, so we retract availability, then re-introduce it for the people who felt like they missed out get another jab at it". Prevents them looking like they have a product with soft demand, and has happened repetitively now on shell MTOs.

That said, this is a great opportunity for someone who is in this market to get a pair of great looking 'bergs that is confluent with what we all like about them; service boots, in a nice shell, and stitch down.

If this is the case, they should definitely run out the 2nd run in different specs. Other than the drywear print they haven't run shell on a munson last and I can't imagine why. You have a whole bunch of guys who can't fit 2030, any shell you toss their way is going to get snapped up super quick because they never get the chance

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is the case, they should definitely run out the 2nd run in different specs. Other than the drywear print they haven't run shell on a munson last and I can't imagine why. You have a whole bunch of guys who can't fit 2030, any shell you toss their way is going to get snapped up super quick because they never get the chance

Dude, the quarantine is getting to you. Stop making so much sense!

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, the quarantine is getting to you. Stop making so much sense!

My bad. Let's spin the Viberg wheel. Looks like the next offering will be...a leather tanned with, oh, let's say...salmon oil...on a last no one has ever heard of...in, we'll go with a classic workboot shape, but open-toed for the beach.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
My bad. Let's spin the Viberg wheel. Looks like the next offering will be...a leather tanned with, oh, let's say...salmon oil...on a last no one has ever heard of...in, we'll go with a classic workboot shape, but open-toed for the beach.
Salmon oil!??! Whaaatt. Sounds crazy exclusive. Hopefully I can get a pretty straightforward MTO classic service boot in British Salmon Oil Tanned Mocha Rowdy Dachsund....that won't take more than 8 months to receive? Is that too much to ask?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't chamois infused with fish oil?!?

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question: how are engineers supposed to fit? I have the shaft and vamp on the tightest holes (hehe), and I can still slip my foot in and out.
7C22F168-CC11-4B4B-90A3-DB04372F3ECC.jpeg

also, think I need some wider jeans if I’m going to pull off this look

9925D6ED-A708-4AB5-8A07-F2F7A3E1A719.jpeg

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sure the shell is embossed by Horween, makes like Viberg don’t mess with the leather much themselves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads