• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mykii2704

Reaction score
I think this is just about the worst drop ever from Viberg. Others have certainly had more heinously ugly makeups, but they were at least semi original and creative and experimental if nothing else. I can get behind that. That is taking risks, even if they were not successful.

This drop is just plain lazy and boring, or in more rash terms, insipid and uninspired.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not a fan of the Derbys (or plain toes) but that Bamboo Suede is a smart looking boot. If it had all eyelets it would have looked even better. Nice to see some scouts in the mix too.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not a fan of the Derbys (or plain toes) but that Bamboo Suede is a smart looking boot. If it had all eyelets it would have looked even better. Nice to see some scouts in the mix too.
that bamboo suede looks close to the mushroom chamois ?

seasquirrel

Reaction score
9761673C-6EE7-4D16-82D0-FABB99D58BA3.jpeg

I couldn’t resist the tan Taurus 1035 boots at Brooklyn Clothing during the recent sale. Giving them a first walk in the park. Not sure how the reddish hue will patina, it’s a little more red than I expected.

puddin

Reaction score
Not their best for sure. H2 drops are looking to be very good though.

Ozuku

Reaction score
I wish the factory spent more time on my paid-in-full preorders than they did on this drop that, in my opinion, is unlikely to sell well. And if, by some chance, the sample sale happens this year, I have a feeling there will be plenty of drops 1 and 2 available

Seems like the slacker-core brand image is sticking around too

InternetTears

Reaction score
Viberg has some terrible timing. They “continued” the same theme from drop 1 which was somehow made for WINTER.

Idk how you throw in hikers and oiled leathers for spring summer. Can definitely agree this is the worst drop I’ve ever seen.

The Japanese cowhide is also really orange...too the point where I might try to peel the leather like I would a clementine.

Sorry for ranting, I’m still upset about missing the bourbon drop :( but it could be for the better considering the completion is scheduled for October and idk if I can have multiple vibergs on preorder again. It drove me crazy.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I almost wish I found this drop as underwhelming as some of you gents do, what with my current boot-buying moratorium -- because I love several of the new ones.
  • Japanese cowhide Scout: Neither of my two Scouts (navy latigo roughout and black reverse chamois, both from 3sixteen) are stitchdown, and I'd like a stitchdown Scout. And light and bright as that Japanese cowhide is, I have a pretty strong feeling it's going to patina very well.

• Scout Boot Bamboo Calf Suede and Scout Boot Storm Calf Suede: Because...Scouts. Viberg's Scout is one of my favorite patterns, and I was hoping to see more Scouts this year. Of course they start dropping Scouts in droves right as a pandemic sets in, which has me pausing my $700 boot purchases for now. That storm calf suede looks so soft I want to rub my cheeks with it.

• Service Boot Natural Japanese Cowhide: Again, I expect that leather to age beautifully -- just a feeling. I look forward to seeing the aging photos from those who bought this hide in the various patterns recently. And it's 1035, for a touch more chunk out front than 1030.
Like I said, I almost wish this drop failed to impress me, as it's taking some serious self-control to not pick up a pair or two (or three or four) from it.

mykii2704

Reaction score
Viberg has some terrible timing. They “continued” the same theme from drop 1 which was somehow made for WINTER.

Idk how you throw in hikers and oiled leathers for spring summer. Can definitely agree this is the worst drop I’ve ever seen.

The Japanese cowhide is also really orange...too the point where I might try to peel the leather like I would a clementine.

Sorry for ranting, I’m still upset about missing the bourbon drop :( but it could be for the better considering the completion is scheduled for October and idk if I can have multiple vibergs on preorder again. It drove me crazy.

Wtf? October? IDK it is getting harder and harder to support Viberg. I honestly spend more time looking for older NOS makeups that people chuck up from old sample sales, unworn, than I do looking at their new stuff. I don't even care about the new shell releases anymore because even those have got stale for the most part.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s up with the poor white balance/underexposed photos Viberg has been using on their site lately? I’m referring to their blog/“magazine” that shows the footwear in action. Someone put their kid in charge of the photography/post processing to save some cash? Odd choice.

1585949015829.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads