• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a light finish on crust horsebutt from Maryam, which looks great to me.
Ridgeway too! I am pretty sure they'll sell out like that Saddle Tan Chromepak release.
What last does that look like to you?

apl_alt

Reaction score
New to Styleforum, looking for some advice on 2030 fit. I'm a 10D Brannock and wear 10E in Allen Edmonds 65 last, 10D on Allen Edmonds 201 last, and a 9.5D on Alden's Barrie last (shoes, never tried boots). I haven't bought a ton of boots before, but I was able to try on the 2030 in thin socks a couple weeks ago in both a 9 and 9.5. Seems like the 9 fit perfectly snug with medium socks and I probably could make the 9.5 fit with thicker socks.

So just looking for some opinions. Does it come down to preference (ie looser vs snugger fit) and what socks you're going to wear to determine whether you should go down just a half or full size? Anything else to consider, like will the leather stretch? Just wanting to get some advice before the drop tomorrow where I'll likely try my first pair of Vibergs.

Last edited:

Shelterdog

Reaction score
New to Styleforum, looking for some advice on 2030 fit. I'm a 10D Brannock and wear 10E in Allen Edmonds. I haven't bought a ton of boots before, but I was able to try on the 2030 in thin socks a couple weeks ago in both a 9 and 9.5. Seems like the 9 fit perfectly snug with medium socks and I probably could make the 9.5 fit with thicker socks.

So just looking for some opinions. Does it come down to preference (ie looser vs snugger fit) and what socks you're going to wear to determine whether you should go down just a half or full size? Anything else to consider, like will the leather stretch? Just wanting to get some advice before the drop tomorrow where I'll likely try my first pair of Vibergs.
I hate to give sizing advice but I am the same measurements as you and I am a 9 in the 2030. At first they seemed snug but not tight and now they are perfect. I wear thin to medium socks though and could imagine if I wore my boot socks that I would have to go with the 9.5. Either would probably work and my best advice is to email Jason at Division Road and see if he could talk you through it on the phone. Good luck man and proceed with caution....I bought my first pair in December and now have 4 and another on back order.....

apl_alt

Reaction score
I hate to give sizing advice but I am the same measurements as you and I am a 9 in the 2030. At first they seemed snug but not tight and now they are perfect. I wear thin to medium socks though and could imagine if I wore my boot socks that I would have to go with the 9.5. Either would probably work and my best advice is to email Jason at Division Road and see if he could talk you through it on the phone. Good luck man and proceed with caution....I bought my first pair in December and now have 4 and another on back order.....

Thanks, that's super helpful. I would guess there are some boots you tend to wear more in winter and some more in summer. I'm looking at the Anise Kudu Roughout boots in the 2030 last and would plan to wear those more in spring/summer and maybe a Natural or Brown CXL service boot for fall/winter. Since I'd tend to wear thicker socks with boots in fall/winter, I might get those in a 9.5 and the Anise Kudu boots in a 9D since I'd wear with thinner socks. Anyone ever sized differently based on sock preference? Just curious if sock thickness is enough to really sway one way or the other on half size.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green Taurus RO x Brooklyn Clothing

A6DA4ABE-145D-4564-9FB8-9B390AFAA911.jpeg

puddin

Reaction score
Anyone ever sized differently based on sock preference? Just curious if sock thickness is enough to really sway one way or the other on half size.

I would just buy the size that fits with socks you like to wear unless you're walking through 5 miles of snow and sleet to get to work. And then I'm not sure service boots are the move.

Personally, I would not want to wear thick boot socks with 2030s. They are low volume and that would likely make toes a bit cramped. ymmv as always.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
New to Styleforum, looking for some advice on 2030 fit. I'm a 10D Brannock and wear 10E in Allen Edmonds 65 last, 10D on Allen Edmonds 201 last, and a 9.5D on Alden's Barrie last (shoes, never tried boots). I haven't bought a ton of boots before, but I was able to try on the 2030 in thin socks a couple weeks ago in both a 9 and 9.5. Seems like the 9 fit perfectly snug with medium socks and I probably could make the 9.5 fit with thicker socks.

ive got the same specs. I’m a 9.5

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's super helpful. I would guess there are some boots you tend to wear more in winter and some more in summer. I'm looking at the Anise Kudu Roughout boots in the 2030 last and would plan to wear those more in spring/summer and maybe a Natural or Brown CXL service boot for fall/winter. Since I'd tend to wear thicker socks with boots in fall/winter, I might get those in a 9.5 and the Anise Kudu boots in a 9D since I'd wear with thinner socks. Anyone ever sized differently based on sock preference? Just curious if sock thickness is enough to really sway one way or the other on half size.
I'm same as you, but go with a 9.5 on the 2030. Always wear medium weight socks, fwiw.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd also add that my unlined pair on 2030 seem to fit a bit looser than the lined pair I have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads