• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great on your boots, but don't agree that chamois roughout is inherently rugged or that it doesn't work with 2030 (or 2050 for that matter). A few boots that aren't rugged and look awesome in roughout chamois...

viberg_charcoal_chamois_side_zip_1_1024x1024.jpg

SB-Petrol-Chamois-RO-j-2.jpg

SBTobaccoChamois-j-1268.jpg

OQ4Qju0.jpg

I have them on all kinds of lasts. BTW, that last one in Wheat Chamois is en route.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have them on all kinds of lasts. BTW, that last one in Wheat Chamois is en route.
Great. Now I’ll have you and @caffed taking better pictures of our boots. Although that last one was mine so I’ll take the short lived victory.

Your going to love them. Cheers.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great. Now I’ll have you and @caffed taking better pictures of our boots. Although that last one was mine so I’ll take the short lived victory.

Your going to love them. Cheers.
? I just use my iPhone X.
With photography it’s all about lighting. My stairs have a lot diffused light and not much direct sunlight.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DR Italian Black Horsebutt. Really nice makeup !!
Indeed! They look awesome. Also I like the more supple Maryam. Horween is great too but they both have pros/cons.

7empest

Reaction score
That's some thick ass-leather
It’s super thick, only had a chance to wear them a couple of times. Really comfortable, they feel awesome. One of my favorites as well as the Shinki Teacore.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try to be understanding, especially at a time like this, but it's a little annoying that Viberg continues to ship new orders when my MTO is sitting in their factory for a month. I called Jonathan on March 13th, a full two weeks after their self-declared end of February deadline. Jonathan said they were finished and he'd get them sent out that day or Monday. When they didn't ship I wrote it off to COVID issues, but it sounds like the Chromepak was shipped out on Tuesday. I waited till the end of the week and followed up the next Monday. He said their warehouse was short-staffed but if they're able to move new product they should be able to get my pair out the door.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like shell is so inconsistent that it doesn't really matter to try and think about what color it'll be. If you're okay with any shade from Natural to Brown, you'll be in good shape. Hopefully they do a good job matching each panel though.
Frankly, that’s the biggest turn off on bourbon for me. I find the often mismatched panels to be distracting in that light of a brown shade.
Especially after some wear and sun. All the excitement over the various shades of medium to light brown leaves me scratching my head.
Do mismatched bourbon panels end up all the same shade of brown from the sun? I’ve never heard anyone suggest that.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do mismatched bourbon panels end up all the same shade of brown from the sun? I’ve never heard anyone suggest that.
I'm not suggesting that either. I mean that the color can change substantially, and that the change can differ across panels (in addition to differences in initial color).

InternetTears

Reaction score
Frankly, that’s the biggest turn off on bourbon for me. I find the often mismatched panels to be distracting in that light of a brown shade.

It eventually blends together. If you wear any pair of natural colored boots enough, there will always be darker areas that were exposed to sun, dirt, or weather more often.
Saphir will also even out the color when you need to condition for the first time.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try to be understanding, especially at a time like this, but it's a little annoying that Viberg continues to ship new orders when my MTO is sitting in their factory for a month. I called Jonathan on March 13th, a full two weeks after their self-declared end of February deadline. Jonathan said they were finished and he'd get them sent out that day or Monday. When they didn't ship I wrote it off to COVID issues, but it sounds like the Chromepak was shipped out on Tuesday. I waited till the end of the week and followed up the next Monday. He said their warehouse was short-staffed but if they're able to move new product they should be able to get my pair out the door.
That sucks, I’d be upset too. But also sounds part for the course for .com service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads