• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t own any Lofgren’s but they seem a bit overpriced from my prospective. Check out these very familiar looking boots from Skomaker Dagestad which are made in Northern Japan.

It has made me question Lofgren’s pricing a bit more since seeing these boots.

Yup. I too noticed the similarity between their combat boots and these which are made by Miyagi Kogyo. After VAT is deducted those come out to like $520. They also use the same manufacturer as whoever makes The Flat Head’s engineer boots too. There are a few differences but over all it’s the same boot.

Last edited:

gte872h

Reaction score
Yup. I too noticed the similarity between their combat boots and these which are made by Miyagi Kogyo. After VAT is deducted those come out to like $520. They also use the same manufacturer as whoever makes The Flat Head’s engineer boots too. There are a few differences but over all it’s the same boot.

Yes. Thought it was a bit strange at the time when Kiya at Self Edge stopped carrying Lofgren and immediately started carrying those Flat Head boots instead.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t own any Lofgren’s but they seem a bit overpriced from my prospective. Check out these very familiar looking boots from Skomaker Dagestad which are made in Northern Japan.

It has made me question Lofgren’s pricing a bit more since seeing these boots.
Keep in mind that this retailer does not pay customs on international purchases. So, the real price is that, and the base price minus vat.

it will still be cheaper but probably not as much as expected.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this retailer does not pay customs on international purchases. So, the real price is that, and the base price minus vat.

it will still be cheaper but probably not as much as expected.

How much would customs be for a pair of boots bought from Norway to the US? To end up close to Lofgren pricing duty fees would have to be like $300.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much would customs be for a pair of boots bought from Norway to the US? To end up close to Lofgren pricing duty fees would have to be like $300.
Not sure what the total cost would be but would guess anywhere from 80-120. As I paid almost 120 for a different pair.

Just want to let people know.

bootyboy

Reaction score
Not sure what the total cost would be but would guess anywhere from 80-120. As I paid almost 120 for a different pair.

No customs below $800. The pair should be $520 +shipping (if any).

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im not sure US customers would have to pay anything if the value didn’t exceed $800. These with VAT deducted would be about $550, one would only have to pay shipping which is about $35 USD. Still much less than $820.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having owned a few pairs from both Viberg and Lofgren I can understand the comparisons. My personal experience is that Lofgren has better stitching and attention to detail/precision etc. QC has been great whereas a few of my vibergs had noticeable inconsistencies.

The Lofgren boot is great, but is a much more rounded toe than say the 2030. I think one could happily find a place for both makers in one's collection.

PenguinGuy4

Reaction score
Some Miloh Shop boondockers today
A13E69FE-E868-40B3-92E3-AB479A9FE64D.jpeg

xghostsniperx

Reaction score
Anyone have the Pigment Brown Horsebutt derbies - thoughts on them? Linked here

I'm considering them for a rainy or snow-day office shoes. Plus it lets me switch up lacing systems a bit, since basically all my shoes are of the AE oxford-variety.

illiterate

Reaction score
Having owned a few pairs from both Viberg and Lofgren I can understand the comparisons. My personal experience is that Lofgren has better stitching and attention to detail/precision etc. QC has been great whereas a few of my vibergs had noticeable inconsistencies.

The Lofgren boot is great, but is a much more rounded toe than say the 2030. I think one could happily find a place for both makers in one's collection.
Pretty much.

Lofgren QC is miles ahead of Viberg. Unfortunately, Viberg think its better to start making sneakers and slippers instead of perfecting their QC and expanding MTO but what do I know?

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much.

Lofgren QC is miles ahead of Viberg. Unfortunately, Viberg think its better to start making sneakers and slippers instead of perfecting their QC and expanding MTO but what do I know?

I only have one pair of Lofgrens and I don’t see the quality being better.
This is my leather insole after one day of wear. I have never see this any of my pairs of Vibergs, Aldens, Trickers etc.
Gussetted tongue isn’t stitched correctly and seems to be common in the M43s. And I’ve never seen a pair of M43s sit flat. Oakstreet used to get a ton of **** for the last one, why should it be acceptable for Lofgren?

Attachments

• 46EB4ED1-1C6F-4D46-8BE8-A3610E9FD219.jpeg
    46EB4ED1-1C6F-4D46-8BE8-A3610E9FD219.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 42
  • C8681DF9-2B9A-4BCB-A963-522A145D43C7.jpeg
    C8681DF9-2B9A-4BCB-A963-522A145D43C7.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 02EB4E4B-778E-46D1-B431-C99AEA3CB62A.jpeg
    02EB4E4B-778E-46D1-B431-C99AEA3CB62A.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 69

illiterate

Reaction score
I only have one pair of Lofgrens and I don’t see the quality being better.
This is my leather insole after one day of wear. I have never see this any of my pairs of Vibergs, Aldens, Trickers etc.
Gussetted tongue isn’t stitched correctly and seems to be common in the M43s. And I’ve never seen a pair of M43s sit flat. Oakstreet used to get a ton of **** for the last one, why should it be acceptable for Lofgren?
Yeah, it's very common with the M43s. Not sure why - some speculate it's on purpose. Their Engineer boot is probably the best thing they make.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads