• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

z8k1n

Reaction score
wow nice colors in those ?

They look similar to where my mocha ones are at.

Yes..these darkened a bit due to my putting on too much of the neutral conditioner.
Here inside, both in direct sun+ less so.
These will start looking good after another hiking season :)

Attachments

• B3777CB8-5E64-48A5-9D31-E2900E25FC43.jpeg
    B3777CB8-5E64-48A5-9D31-E2900E25FC43.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 54
  • A5258C91-52A7-4470-8B15-4BFBC36FEBE0.jpeg
    A5258C91-52A7-4470-8B15-4BFBC36FEBE0.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 67

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you’re correct. It is taller. They have 8 large eyelets spaced the same as 7. I wonder if they’re the same height as the Shelby.

they do look great ?

I hope stockists start offering the ammo boot. Would love to see Miloh Shop’s or Standard & Strange’s take on it.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was some conversation here recently about the way some of the Horween horsebutt boots have a more pigmented look (e.g. color 4, pigment brown, brown), as opposed to an aniline finish. I got some "tan" Horween horsebutt from Maverick, and it definitely has more of an aniline depth of color. Nice pull-up, too. Here are some shots of it next to pigment brown.

IronRiceBowl

Reaction score
Someone is selling their MTO ammunition boots in Italian Horsebutt. Really liking that ammunition boot pattern. Is it me or are is the shaft taller than service boot?

Just saw these... tempting me away from the shadow shell Lofgrens :oops:

IronRiceBowl

Reaction score
These are more unique (only one pair exists!) and are much cheaper.

I really like the concept of white wax revealing natural shell for some reason. White boots seem totally against everything I'd imagine I'd enjoy wearing, but for some reason I can't shake how much I dig the concept and look of em... Oh well, I guess I have until the end of the month to decide

IronRiceBowl

Reaction score
They very well could be just that if I end up purchasing a pair and hating the look of them once they reach my doorstep Neil from S&S has said on Reddit that he could probably buff off most of the wax from the boots in 15-20 minutes. I've also sort of set myself to task about only making one major footwear and outerwear purchase for the year, which might be apart of my possible FOMO.

At the price, I'd only be paying a hair more than what Viberg is charging for their recent shell offerings in a boot that meets a lot of the check marks for what I wanted in my next pair - some sort of shell cordovan/horsebutt, captoe, non-dainite sole, non-brass eyelets. And no worries, I look fondly upon yours, as well as the postings of most of the regulars here on this thread, and don't feel any negative intentions from your question.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the concept of white wax revealing natural shell for some reason. White boots seem totally against everything I'd imagine I'd enjoy wearing, but for some reason I can't shake how much I dig the concept and look of em... Oh well, I guess I have until the end of the month to decide

I did a complete 180 on them in just a few days. I wasn’t so sure and then found myself to be fully on board. I don’t love the pattern, so I’d have some real trouble passing on a similar make up in something like a service boot.

IronRiceBowl

Reaction score
I did a complete 180 on them in just a few days. I wasn’t so sure and then found myself to be fully on board. I don’t love the pattern, so I’d have some real trouble passing on a similar make up in something like a service boot.

I've been pretty enamored by Lofgren since I saw the first post of the M43 'Black Cats' service boot on r/GYW. I'm also not super in love with the combat boot pattern, but I recently saw an older post on their Instagram of some beat up combat boots and began to feel a little more into it.

It would also be interesting to get a taste of what 'superior' footwear in comparison to what I currently own is (Red Wings, Yuketen, Tricker's, Viberg).

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

True, I like them with some wear on them.
I've been pretty enamored by Lofgren since I saw the first post of the M43 'Black Cats' service boot on r/GYW. I'm also not super in love with the combat boot pattern, but I recently saw an older post on their Instagram of some beat up combat boots and began to feel a little more into it.

It would also be interesting to get a taste of what 'superior' footwear in comparison to what I currently own is (Red Wings, Yuketen, Tricker's, Viberg).

I bought the M43 in brown horsehide and they’re ok but they’re not worth the premium over Vibergs and they’re not necessarily better. My pair has issues and waiting to see what Standard & Strange/John Lofgren’s response.

gte872h

Reaction score
True, I like them with some wear on them.

I bought the M43 in brown horsehide and they’re ok but they’re not worth the premium over Vibergs and they’re not necessarily better. My pair has issues and waiting to see what Standard & Strange/John Lofgren’s response.

I don’t own any Lofgren’s but they seem a bit overpriced from my prospective. Check out these very familiar looking boots from Skomaker Dagestad which are made in Northern Japan.

It has made me question Lofgren’s pricing a bit more since seeing these boots.

IronRiceBowl

Reaction score
I don’t own any Lofgren’s but they seem a bit overpriced from my prospective. Check out these very familiar looking boots from Skomaker Dagestad which are made in Northern Japan.

It has made me question Lofgren’s pricing a bit more since seeing these boots.

I've never heard of this brand before - thanks for the link

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads