• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bourbon service boots today.

1582393865289.jpeg

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bourbon service boots today.

View attachment 1341882
Lovely boots, but I'm wondering if the dark laces are distracting from the natural beauty of the bourbon shell? Perhaps you and @mdubs should consider a swap? ;)

Kidding aside, I think mdubs' laces actually work well with the natural edges on the uppers and the sole.

Glass shoot

Reaction score
Background: I've got 2 pairs of service boots, the 3Sixteen x Viberg Stealth collab and a natural cxl. Both pairs are at least five years old and pretty much all I've worn most days.

Question: At what point do you just "let them go"? I mean, they're Vibergs, so they'll have value to somebody, right? Or should I just toss them at some point? (I'm coming to accept that my skinny ass legs would work better in derbys, and not so much ankle boots.)

So even though the soles are worn nearly to the leather under the Dainite and the leather's never really been maintained or "nourished" ... but there are no rips or deep scratches in the upper ... what would you do with them?
What do you guys do with your "old" shoes?
imo, they'd be "let" go when the upper leather is ripping. Areas like the tongue (which i don't expect to wear to necessitate replacement) can be replaced, but any rips on the main "face" of the boot like the vamp area may make not make financial sense to reconstruct/fix. I don't expect such damage to occur during normal wear with famous leather makers, especially if they are conditioned time to time.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg bros - I'm going to be listing my Viberg x Brooklyn Clothing 10th Anniversary boots (color 8 shell, black shell tongue, 9 brass eyelets, 2030 last, perf cap toe, dainite). 10D. Maybe 10 wears at most. VG+. If interested, please DM me. Thanks.

Apologies for the thread interruption.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Lovely boots, but I'm wondering if the dark laces are distracting from the natural beauty of the bourbon shell? Perhaps you and @mdubs should consider a swap? ;)

Kidding aside, I think mdubs' laces actually work well with the natural edges on the uppers and the sole.

I know quite a few folks who prefer Black laces with Whiskey / Bourbon Shell for the pop factor.

-Mike

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone is selling their MTO ammunition boots in Italian Horsebutt. Really liking that ammunition boot pattern. Is it me or are is the shaft taller than service boot?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone is selling their MTO ammunition boots in Italian Horsebutt. Really liking that ammunition boot pattern. Is it me or are is the shaft taller than service boot?

you’re correct. It is taller. They have 8 large eyelets spaced the same as 7. I wonder if they’re the same height as the Shelby.

they do look great ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads