• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score
How long are we talking? I’ve got about 20 wears on mine and they look the exact same shade of grey as when I bought them.

Wearing them out in the weather really accelerates it the most. I tend to wear my boots pretty hard though so your mileage may vary.

Sorrento

Reaction score
Maryam Horsebutt - from the recent Division Road release. Took a bunch of photos trying to show the pattern in the leather - of course I forgot to straighten the laces - I'll do better next time.
Maryam1-M.jpg

gte872h

Reaction score
Maryam Horsebutt - from the recent Division Road release. Took a bunch of photos trying to show the pattern in the leather - of course I forgot to straighten the laces - I'll do better next time.
View attachment 1340218

Nice markings on that hide. Hope the right one matches the left. ;)

How you liking the brown eyelets? Interesting to see it on a non-boondocker.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1340218
Nice! I like the cherry bark quality of your pair ?

Sorrento

Reaction score
Nice markings on that hide. Hope the right one matches the left. ;)

How you liking the brown eyelets? Interesting to see it on a non-boondocker.
The markings are similar because for both left and right boots the most noticeable markings are on the heel counter and sides. There toe area has the least amount of marking for both. They did a very nice job in matching the markings on the left and the right. I guess I should try to post a good photo showing the markings on both boots.

At first I didn't like the brown eyelets, but they've grown on me. It makes the boots appear less fancy and more rugged looking and is consistent with the plain toe and 1035 last.

noblewolf

Reaction score
StyleService Boot
ConstructionStitchdown
LeatherCognac Shrunken Bison
Thread? (white or something matching the upper color?)
TongueOption (Same)
Binding? (none most likely. this is more rugged)
LiningKip
Hardware? (i think 7 brass or vintage brass would be great)
Midsolesame as welt
SoleBlack or Brown Ridgeway
HeelBlack or Brown Ridgeway
Last1035
ToePing Pong
ProductionFlat (stitchdown)
Sole Stitch? (white is mostly used)
FinishN/A

View attachment 1329676

Taken from my last MTO, these are the specs we need.

@nishant

i've been a lurker here for years... i like this MTO, where do i sign?

noblewolf

Reaction score
Okay, I'll say it: I love 'em:

View attachment 1328217

Here's the page for this one: Viberg Derby Boot Bourbon Drywear Print Shell Cordovan

Am I going to buy 'em? Probably not. Like I said in an earlier post, the kind of boots I'm focusing on for 2020 are those I feel more comfortable letting get beat-up a bit (or more than a bit). I don't think these are boots I'd want to beat up.

But I love 'em. And I hope to see that 2055 last used in more makeups asap, which Viberg describes as "A flat toe version of our 2045 last. A Munson style last with a wider forefoot and deeper toe box than the 2040. Similar to WW1 military issue boots."

not trying to be a rain on the parade but at first, when i saw the new printed shell cordovan photo, i asked my chinese friend when is the mooncake festival? i was even expecting it to be called Viberg Derby Boot Mooncake Edition. i hate mooncakes, but i would grab that Viberg if i have a chance!

delete.jpg

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New DR makeup

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads