• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... So I don't know how odd it is, but I find the 1035 to be bigger than the 110. They're both 10.5 and the 1035 has a bit more room in the toe box and also seems to be ever slightly wider..

Yeah, I think I read a comment by BV that the 1035 was their widest last in the toe...

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left to Right: 2030 Mahogany Shell on Dainite- Size 10, 110 Brown Waxed Flesh on Commando- Size 9.5, 2030 Natty CXL on Dainite- Size 10, 2030 Black Oil Tan Roughout Scout on Vibram Morflex- Size 10

I had a bit of room lengthwise on my 2030s so I sized down 0.5 for the 110 since I did not want to wear an insole to take up the extra volume. I wear all these boots with medium weight socks. I have a somewhat high instep width somewhere in-between a D and E.

ATLVol

Reaction score
I am likely to return my 11ds.....if anyone is interested please send a PM

I also picked up a pair of 10.5 waxed flesh from Notre on the 2030 last a couple of weeks ago......unfortunately they are a touch too small and will be listed for sale soon......please send a PM if you are interested before they go on B&S.....thanks, and Happy Holidays!

gsgleason

Reaction score

I am likely to return my 11ds.....if anyone is interested please send a PM

I also picked up a pair of 10.5 waxed flesh from Notre on the 2030 last a couple of weeks ago......unfortunately they are a touch too small and will be listed for sale soon......please send a PM if you are interested before they go on B&S.....thanks, and Happy Holidays!

I'm assuming you wore them outside? They are pretty good about returns. For the 2030 last, I'd do a half size down from brannock, assuming you don't need a wide toe box.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mahogany enjoying some rain.....while my frustration with the tiny eyelets and round only laces grew to the point that I planned on sending these to a cobbler to get normal boot eyelets put in....I decided to go through the mounds of laces I had ordered as I remembered getting some really small flat laces. They fit which shocked me and look good.... More suitable for a large boot than the round laces imho.

Two different lace patterns at the moment but as of now I am a much happier camper with these boots.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mahogany enjoying some rain.....while my frustration with the tiny eyelets and round only laces grew to the point that I planned on sending these to a cobbler to get normal boot eyelets put in....I decided to go through the mounds of laces I had ordered as I remembered getting some really small flat laces. They fit which shocked me and look good.... More suitable for a large boot than the round laces imho.

Two different lace patterns at the moment but as of now I am a much happier camper with these boots.

i like the look

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was surprised when I won the charity auction for a pair of Viberg boots from Notre. I just briefly glanced through what Notre has since I hadn't anticipated purchasing boots in the near term. So if anyone has any recommendations of any pair that is particularly interesting to you, I'll gladly take any input. I already have 5 Viberg boots and I know it has a lot to do with what I already have, but I'm just looking for ideas.

gambit402

Reaction score

I was surprised when I won the charity auction for a pair of Viberg boots from Notre.  I just briefly glanced through what Notre has since I hadn't anticipated purchasing boots in the near term.  So if anyone has any recommendations of any pair that is particularly interesting to you, I'll gladly take any input.  I already have 5 Viberg boots and I know it has a lot to do with what I already have, but I'm just looking for ideas.

Congrats on the win. What do you have now as far as leather and lasts?

docalden2013

Reaction score
I was surprised when I won the charity auction for a pair of Viberg boots from Notre. I just briefly glanced through what Notre has since I hadn't anticipated purchasing boots in the near term. So if anyone has any recommendations of any pair that is particularly interesting to you, I'll gladly take any input. I already have 5 Viberg boots and I know it has a lot to do with what I already have, but I'm just looking for ideas.
Do you have to choose from extant stock or do you get to request a makeup for the future?

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have to choose from extant stock or do you get to request a makeup for the future?

I believe I have to choose from their current stock. Not sure what happens if my size is sold out, although they seem to have lots of sizes covered in most of their makeups.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the win. What do you have now as far as leather and lasts?

Thanks. Here is what I currently have; they're all Service Boots:

1. brown waxed flesh on Commando (2045)
2. colour 8 CXL PCT (2030)
3. matte black Guidi calf PT (2030)
4. olive Guidi calf PCT (2030)
5. aged bark PCT (2030)

As you can see, I am one of the often lamented 2030 fans. The 2030 last is in fact the best fitting last for me across all brands. And for me, fit is king. However, I would like to try the 1035, the 110, or even the 310 at some point.

gambit402

Reaction score

Thanks.  Here is what I currently have; they're all Service Boots:

1.  brown waxed flesh on Commando (2045)
2.  colour 8 CXL PCT (2030)
3.  matte black Guidi calf PT (2030)
4.  olive Guidi calf PCT (2030)
5.  aged bark PCT (2030)

As you can see, I am one of the often lamented 2030 fans.  The 2030 last is in fact the best fitting last for me across all brands.  And for me, fit is king.  However, I would like to try the 1035, the 110, or even the 310 at some point.

Most of their boots are on 2030 except for the brown WF, which you have, and the icy mocha (2045). Without knowing your size if I were you I'd go for the tan horsehide followed by the black moose. Both different leathers. If neither of those then the coffee Chromepak. It's a different shade from what you have and has a unique sole. I have the coffee from Viberg and it's awesome. If none of those then probably the grey calf. Plus, given your winning bid I wouldn't pick anything less than the value of that. I would've gone chukka probably, but obviously I can get the boot cheaper since the bids went up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads