• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino19

Reaction score
Sorry to ask, can anyone explains what's unconstructed & unstructured toe? Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just went back a few pages of posts, and most of the suggestions (and pretty much anything I got via email) were for Service boots on the 2030 last. I also have a request for a calfskin chukka, and also a roughout oxford. Is there anything else that people want to see a vote on?

Finn666

Reaction score
maybe (if that isn't to much to ask for) you could include a pic or two of the already "known" outcome (such as option A) and a few different lasts?!
I might gonna pm you about a nice chukka, service boot or even engineer make up if that's ok!?

so can we pm you a make up anytime we want (let's say in 2,3 or 4 months from now) and you gonna put it up for vote or is there a final date?
the next question is, if I'd already have 4 people that would be interested in a pair, could i pm you directly with the make up? would save you some work I think!?

Last edited:

Arizor

Reaction score
Stop teasing us Finn, what's the make up you're interested in? I'm sure a few of us would jump on it too! ;)

Finn666

Reaction score
ha, that's still in my head somewhere :)
considering the fact that it's 4:30am here and j actually should be sleeping (alarm goes in 1.5h) I can't really focus on a killah make up ^^
still need a day or two...time will tell ;)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

maybe (if that isn't to much to ask for) you could include a pic or two of the already "known" outcome (such as option A) and a few different lasts?!
I might gonna pm you about a nice chukka, service boot or even engineer make up if that's ok!?

I'll see what I can do. Truth is that I can't use photoshop worth a a crap, which is why I was asking if anyone wants to do mockups, since obviously, these boots don't actually exist right now. Please email me suggestions at [email protected] with suggestions. It's just a whole lot easier for me to keep track of them.

so can we pm you a make up anytime we want (let's say in 2,3 or 4 months from now) and you gonna put it up for vote or is there a final date?
the next question is, if I'd already have 4 people that would be interested in a pair, could i pm you directly with the make up? would save you some work I think!?

a) This is an ongoing program, so yes, you can ask me in 2 months. Of course, the difficult thing is to find the critical mass of people interested in any particular boot at a particular time.
b) Yes, just PM (or email, better) me directly. I'd still put it up for a vote, because more people might be interested in the makeup. 4 is just the minimum. We will have a promotion when we hit a certain number of orders, total, and then the next goal, and so on... Just put it this way. The more people decide to order at any one time, the more likely one person is going to get very lucky.

Finn666

Reaction score
btw. wouldn't the 110 last be an option for voting? just for those that can't really fit the 2030 cuz of their wide ass feet (such as me)? :)

Finn666

Reaction score

I'll see what I can do. Truth is that I can't use photoshop worth a a crap, which is why I was asking if anyone wants to do mockups, since obviously, these boots don't actually exist right now. Please email me suggestions at [email protected] with suggestions. It's just a whole lot easier for me to keep track of them.
a) This is an ongoing program, so yes, you can ask me in 2 months. Of course, the difficult thing is to find the critical mass of people interested in any particular boot at a particular time.
b) Yes, just PM (or email, better) me directly. I'd still put it up for a vote, because more people might be interested in the makeup. 4 is just the minimum. We will have a promotion when we hit a certain number of orders, total, and then the next goal, and so on... Just put it this way. The more people decide to order at any one time, the more likely one person is going to get very lucky.
will do and thanks! and of course the make up should be published even if there'd already be a total of 4 interested!

besides all that...thanks a ton for the effort and all you're putting into this. very much appreciated sir!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

btw. wouldn't the 110 last be an option for voting? just for those that can't really fit the 2030 cuz of their wide ass feet (such as me)? :)

Right? I mean, the 110 last fits me way better than the 2030 as well. But, I am but an instrument of the people. If you have a good suggestion in a 110 that you think 3 other people would go for, please suggest away!

rex555

Reaction score
Any chance on getting some visuals of what these boots may look like?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any chance on getting some visuals of what these boots may look like?

For a few of the boots, there are images in this thread. However, I don't have any mockup pictures of any of the boots. I do need someone who can photoshop well to do some mockups for me (ahem, I'd pay you!), though even so, because of the variety of options, it might not be easy to mock things up 100%. On the Viberg site (www.viberg.com), and Viberg blog (http://vibergboot.wordpress.com/), there should be good examples that are similar to the boots proposed, and even some boots that have not been put up for votes yet (like the calfskin chukka that one poster mentioned). Some members got inspiration from photos around the web as well.

If you search for "Viberg Sample Sale", you should also find some good pictures: https://www.google.com/search?q=vib...Fizzue-viberg-harris-tweed-boots-4%2F;800;540

If someone is interested in being our photoshop guy, contact me at [email protected]

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, re. the 1950 vs 1940s service boots, here is the word:

The 1940 vs. 1950 service boot doesn't really apply anymore. The 1940 was a specific make up for some Euro stores that had no top band and had fewer eyelets. We've basically dropped the two designations entirely. The default "service boot" today comes stock with a top band and 7 eyelets, but both of these details are customizable.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In looking at pictures, I think I like the scout boot more. Really digging the black suede with christy sole make up that they did. Regardless, don't think I can cough up for the distressed blacks right now (and I'm having a hard time imaging how it will come out... even with those pics...). Would love to, but it won't be immediately :(

I can do ****** photoshops for you for free :D

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is pretty close to what my proposal would look like...for those interested in an oxford.

MTO proposal
Lots of service boots, how about an suede oxford with a unstructured toe?

Basically this with a Vibram 2060 sole.

Vibram 2060 tan sole

- Style: OXFORD
- Size:
- Last: 2030
- Leather: CALICO GREY ROUGH OUT
- Thread Colour: BROWN
- Eyelets: GUNMETAL
- Toe Cap: NONE
- Sole: VIBRAM 2060 TAN SOLE
- Edge Trim: NATURAL
- Toe Box: UNSTRUCTURED

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads