1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kelpqq

kelpqq Senior member

You wanna start with 9D.

2. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Top shelf is freaking fire

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

I see whats on the left, and its impressive..... But that Chelsea, although kind of basic, looks so killer....

1 person likes this.
  4. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

It looks like the Smoke Reverse Kudu leather.

If so, very nice, as it's as beautiful, soft and supple as can be..

5. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

Just saw that ig post as well.. really digging the chelseas and they're not something I'd normally gravitate towards

6. gte872h

gte872h Senior member

Wow! All of four of them are fire!

7. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Smoke Reverse Kudu chelsea would be amazing. Next round of GMTO perhaps Fok? @LA Guy

8. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

Haha. I am pretty sure I mentioned how awesome a smoked reverse kudu would be this time around, but no one else seemed to go for it at the time, and I don't know if it was even available.

9. youtubs

youtubs Senior member

Ugh, Navy Shell release this Friday, right after I finally get a pair of Navy Shell boots somewhere else.

10. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

I've got a pair of the Smoke Reverse Kudu Service Boots and I could have sworn I read on a previous past post here that the leather wasn't available any longer.

I am not a Chelsea guy whatsoever but that one I'd have to think about.

It is a very refined looking leather for certain.

11. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I love the chelsea on the bottom!

12. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Oh God I want the unglazed navy shell so badly it hurts. I might finally crack this time if my trigger finger is quick enough.

No on to the difficult question: sizing. I have had bad experience with the GYW. I am one of those for whom if I get my usual Viberg size (10.5) on the 2030 GYW, my toes feel crushed. The only two pairs I've tried were the guidi horse service boot and the guidi calf derby. The derby felt better because it was unstructured but man those horsehides felt a whole half size too small! And this was my usual size which works perfectly on all stitch down makeups, structured or not.

Do I really need to size up a half size from SD to GYW? Shell tends to be stiffer, no? I would hate to order a pair, wait, and then get something that fit wrong.

13. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Plain toe ....wooo hoooo easy pass....I am just not a huge plain toe shell guy.

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I only have the Mohagony GYW shell boots...they actually fit a bit looser and have more room in the toe area or so it seems...perhaps it is the unstructured toe? Anyway mine fit fine but those were I believe the first GYW ones they did. Some newer ones I have seen in pictures look like they refined the lasting a bit and the toe has a nicer shape. Hopefully some natty shell folks could jump in but for me the GYW shell fit similar to stitchdown non shell in same size in fact the shell has a touch more volume.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  15. youtubs

youtubs Senior member

True, that does make it a bit easier!

16. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I appreciate the input. Viberg told me same size across SD or GYW. My foot is narrow but wierdly wide at the toes. This could be an anatomy problem.

17. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

Sounds to me like you already know 10.5 GYW doesn't fit you, so it should be an easy call. Going up half a size is usually pretty safe anyway. Worst case scenario is you wear slightly thicker socks or an insert.

18. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Well that's just it. A half size up on SD is too big for me. I have a narrow heel and the wider E width of Viberg is already a bit big. I am able to make it work by lacing up accordingly on my size. Going up means I'm swimming in them, even with thick socks.

I'm trying to figure out if it was just the one pair I had and maybe the tightness of the guidi leather. I'm waiting for a follow up from Drew about this. I know some guys can go between half sizes with different lasts or whatever, but in my experience I am not comfortable unless I'm in my proper size.

19. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Double post oops

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  20. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I like the look of the unglazed navy shell. it's a bit plain for $1100 though. a toecap or some nickel eyelets would be a nice touch. as for sizing, I feel the GYW is tighter in the same size as SD, but the same length. It's enough for me to size up a .5.