1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Cole87

Cole87 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll do that later tonight.

2. Nvspwndamnstr39

Nvspwndamnstr39 Well-Known Member

Where no one knows what good coffee is nor what a
    Amen. To each his own. [​IMG]

I've been trying to figure out the different use cases for the various lasts in my Viberg collection. If anything, I could almost use a decision tree weighing which Engineered Garments / Epaulet / Raw Denim pieces contribute to which boots.

I have 1 pair of 110s, the mocha vintage plain toes on commando that I snagged on a ridiculous 40% off sale from MJ over at Notre. It's been worn once in the last year to clean out the fringes of my koi pond. It's basically on ice until there's ice outside. That said, given the recent replies on this thread, I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad pairing with some wool EG ground pants, maybe a Real McCoys safari shirt and perhaps an olive Bedford.

The 2030s seem to strike a nice balance between rugged (rather than dandy-ish) business casual, but still sleek enough to dress up, but not necessarily with a tie. Maybe a casual Baker jacket, slim straight PBJs, and a chambray work shirt.

I'm still confused about the 1035 boots. I have brown waxed flesh straight tip boots on 1035 and I thought I'd beat them to hell Marvaments/Imaunit style, but they barely get worn because the 1035 seems like a compromise between the 2030 and the Barrie last. My 1035 horsehide captoe boots sometimes get skipped because Alden boots on barrie (especially my tankers in #8) often jump the line.

1035 derbies seem to only get rotation when paired with raw denim and a Flat Head flannel (i.e., when I feel bold enough to go full Kobayashi-san after seeing his instagram for inspiration). Maybe I should be wearing them with my EG stuff, idk.

So basically I'm confused. I'd love to see more postings of Vibergs featuring the much more creative outfits you guys are rockin, EG and otherwise. I've been trying to synthesize everything I've learned here, in the Alden thread, while also perusing the NMWA and Ep threads and I'm honestly a bit over-hybridized in my style. Appreciate any and all free associations to my confusion :)

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

@Nvspwndamnstr39 I have two styles of boots and shoes....dress/casual...and they get broken into winter/bad weather, fall/spring, summer......so for me it becomes simple then. In fact my winter boots I justified ordering new ones of to get a bigger size to fit heavy wool socks to keep my feet warm

4. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  5. Hill

Hill Well-Known Member

shell stitchdown

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  6. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Me:

- C&J 341 last (Harlech): UK 7 (quite roomy on me)
    - C&J 325 last (Coniston): UK 7 (good fit)
    - EG 64 last (Galway): UK 7.5 (perfect fit)
    - Viberg 2030 last (Service Boot): Viberg size 7.5 (medium/thick socks). I can fit into a size 7 with thinner socks. I have both sizes and am happy with either.

So the standard recommendation for you should be a size 9.5 in Viberg's size. You might be risking it but a size 9 might work as well.

Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  7. metranger8694

Since Viberg is Canadian, let's all raise a glass and toast native Canadian Alan Thicke on his passing today.

8. Nvspwndamnstr39

This sounds like a simple way of figuring out how to get dressed. The problem for me is I feel compelled to try to wear through my rotation of shoes and boots rather evenly given my perception that a lot of my collection, particularly my Vibergs, serve well across seasons, rather than just in one or two seasons.

Speaking of wool socks, I've been a fan of the Merz b Schwanen wool socks lately. My feet stay warm and toasty, yet not gross and moist.

9. Nvspwndamnstr39

First Florence Henderson, now Alan Thicke. Who's next, a Golden Girl? All of the titans of my childhood shows are slowly disappearing. So sad.

1 person likes this.
  10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

EG 64 is such an awesome last. By far my favorite for a Galway

1 person likes this.
  12. metranger8694

C'mon all you 110 lovers.

Get on board this rounds GMTO train.

These models Viberg will unlikely make again!

Today is the last day to order- Choo choo!

13. gsgleason

gsgleason Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the 110 is a no-go. I was ready to vote for and subsequently purchase the millwright on 310 or even 2045. Why did it get nixed, anyway?

14. Nvspwndamnstr39

Kopped. Thank you for being a friend.

15. meso

meso Well-Known Member

A vicious conspiracy against the 310 last.

1 person likes this.
  16. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

I would have liked to see one too. Maybe some other time or just go to the german dealers now that the dollar is close to parity.

17. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just got my pair of 2030 Snuff boots from @fitchottie , and am really enjoying them so far. As I said I would, I have attached some photos comparing them to my 2045 boondockers. This makes up my humble Viberg collection, as for now. I've added a couple more comparison shots with some other popular lasts so that people can see how they stack up.

I don't find the 2030 to be as "pointy" as everyone says, it still a fairly chunky last with some good shape to it, its just a bit more narrow than some of Vibergs other stuff. The 2045 and 2030 I have an 11.5 in both, and the 2045 is for sure roomier everywhere, especially at the toes, but I would say that they both fit well. The Vibram white sole on the Notre boots is super comfy, and I think i'm going to really love these things, they are so nice in person. The suede is pretty thick, and the nap is tight, it reminds me of Alden suede, not surprisingly.

Of note, the boondockers, the CXL on those is so thick, its crazy. You can't tell at all from the photos, but i've worn those close to 15 times now I would say, and you still can't see any creasing on them, the leather is just that thick. The raw cord sole is also beast like, and I would say say is still not fully broken in yet.

1 person likes this.
  18. fitchottie

fitchottie Well-Known Member

I hope you enjoy them, you have a nice collection Starting.... Once I get the sizing thing down, definitely have to add to the collection. Just to compare xcl models, viberg seems twice as thick as Alden and Allen Edmonds. I just got a pair of higgins and the boots feel light as air. Definitely a return on those boots for sure.

So my collection so far is
    Notre Guidi Black service boot
    Blue Button Shop Crust Xcl
    Notre 110 Vintage Mocha
    Mr Porter Boondocker

I feel like the 2030 is my Jam, not 100% on the 110 may sell those soon, I have had the 2045 last Club MC Boondocks, sold those...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  19. hooker4186

hooker4186 Well-Known Member

If I'm a 7.5 on the 1035 and a 8 on a 2030, what would I be on the 240 (looking to pick up a pair of hikers). Thinking I should go with a 7.5?

20. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

From my experience that would be my recommendation, go with the 7.5.