• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would be cool with some sort of ps of, what the boot would aprox. look like.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer the clean and simple look of plain toe 1950 service boots (no box toe, dainite sole, 2030 last, 6 eyelets, natural sole edge) over the brogue cap-toes. Tate+Yoko had one in black calf: And then there was the brown version at Superdenim I'll wait a month or two before ordering more Vibergs, but if there will be enough interest then, perhaps we could do also something like those two, but in either icy mocha cxl, some thick horse hide or shell cordovan (would prefer walnut, #8 or black scotch grain cordovan as I already ordered black cordovan 1940 service boots from manufactum.de).
1st pair with option for all black sole .. and in Guidi leather plz kthxbai :eek:

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... the poll hasn't even been made yet... come on man.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hi guys so whats the model we are doing?

I'm pretty sure that we will have some Viberg boots, it looks like, and it looks reasonably safe to say that there will be something on a leather sole, and something on a dainite sole, and probably in the 2030 last. There has been a lot call for black, and also for the iced mocha chromexel. Also, for cordovan, but I have zero idea whether that is doable, so let's not anticipate too much quite yet.

Arizor

Reaction score
Yes I'm quite sure cordovan is off the table for Viberg at the moment. I'm well up for some black boots though (already have my iced mochas!).

Thanks for all the work Fok.

edit: Quick question apropos my new boots. Has anyone had any discomfort around the ankle/shin area, specifically on mine near the top eyelets of the left boot.

It feels like the tongue, leather laces, or combination thereof are digging into the top of my ankle. Anyone experienced this? Will it go away after a few weeks of breaking in?

Last edited:

LIMBERLION

Reaction score
Just a super quick question, do you go down a full size or half a size for uk?

Arizor

Reaction score
There's no hard and fast rule, like with every brand it depends upon their lasts and standard fit etc.

For Viberg, go down a full size from your regular US.

zola

Reaction score
There are conversion charts and I found them (on the 2030 last) pretty TTS.
If I would have a wider last I could go down half a size, as there is a bit room in the front.
US sneakers 9, redwing 8.5, wolverine 8.5, viberg 8

Arizor

Reaction score
Link to the conversion charts? That's pretty useful information to have.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am waiting on Guy to get back to me with some pricing information so that you guys will be better able to choose between options.

Cordovan is not an option right now, because the wait times are waaaayyyy too long. Horween only produces so much, and there is a limited amount allocated to Viberg. We will try to work on something, but it's not on the table for the time being.

Brett, Guy, and I are all pretty stoked to get this going.

sask boot

Reaction score
LA Guy sorry to bother with this question again but would the boots be sent to you first or would they go out individually? Asking as a Canadian. Any information greatly appreciated.

cj610

Reaction score

LA Guy sorry to bother with this question again but would the boots be sent to you first or would they go out individually?  Asking as a Canadian.  Any information greatly appreciated.

LA Guy from a couple of pages back..........
"The terms would be 50% non-refundable deposit, and full payment within 30 days of the boots arrival at my place. After that, the customer would be considered MIA, and we'd sell the remaining boot to someone else."

sask boot

Reaction score
Well, I am out because I don't want to take chances paying taxes or duty on a Canadian product being a Canadian.
baldy[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads