1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yeah, if you guys are flexible, then that makeup has a better chance. The edge dressing will definitey be an aesthetic consideration, but the zipper could simply be a logistical issue.

1 person likes this.
  2. LA Guy

So, late entry, and I remember this from the early part of the discussion:

11) Black smooth as suede boot (city)
    Chelsea Boot
    2050 Last
    Black Suede
    Greased Leather Sole (if not possible then blacked out)
    Dovetail Heel
    Flat welt
    Pull tab
    Black side gores

3. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

I'd really like to see this one make it through to voting with the overarching theme being a black grain side boot. I liked what I proposed but zipper and edge color would not kill it for me. Im flexible for this one. Just my $0.02

1 person likes this.
  4. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

I agree as well. I'd be fine with a antique silver zipper or something of that nature. I'd actually prefer it to look a bit more rugged and therefore (imho), more Viberg.

5. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

Yeah, fair enough. I was just coming up with what I could under the circumstances. The two makeups I think would be awesome and proposed earlier in the thread got no support and quite possibly aren't even feasible based on leather and zipper restrictions anyway. I'm going to shut up now and just watch and see how things turn out. My opinion is pointless at this point and I'm clogging up the thread.

6. LA Guy

Usually, as in all things, there are really 3 ways for someone to get things done:

From the most feasible to the least:
    1) Be skilled in the art of compromise and negotiation, and work within the guidelines given.
    2) Be super charismatic, and create a following for your ideas (see Steve Jobs)
    3) Have so much in the way of resources and will that you can essentially steamroll the entire process (like, if you put down enough cash to make Mr. Porter look super poor, and even then, it might not be enough to get hereto unfeasible things made)

Barring two and three, which are usually accidents of circumstance, we generally have to resort to the first method. But yeah, asking for a leather that just isn't available and requiring specialized hardware that also, may simply not be available, is just a non-starter. There is nothing that I can do about that.

7. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

I suddenly find myself in need of an all black boot to wear in mourning for the loss of our country as we know it.

2 people like this.
  8. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Here is what I tell my friends who are sad...at least now we see that a candidate outside the political machine can win in this country and hopefully if will open the door to some of the brightest minds in other industries to perhaps get involved where prior it would seem impossible.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

^ kind of like what just happened.

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Funny how tastes change....I was not a fan of the 1035 though they fit me best. I like it now however I think they need a real captoe though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  11. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

The 1035 fits me best as well. I'd be willing to discuss the 1035 on my SPYMASTER creation if folks wanted to discuss it. No captoe though.....

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I meant on the country boot style...I am sure it works fine on a service boot with out it.

13. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

The SPYMASTER is a scout boot my friend![​IMG]

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

the mohagany shells
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    2 people like this.
  15. billymax

billymax Senior member

There are a lot of great designs here. I've never voted on the options. I've only purchased after they were decided. How does this work from here?.

16. limonade

limonade Well-Known Member

Funny, I feel like yours have that sleek 2030 look, whereas mine I feel look a bit clunky compared to my other 2030 varieties....
    Will have to snap a picture when I get them back from eyelets.

17. LA Guy

When I hear back from Viberg about the viability of these models, I will narrow down to 8. Then, I will put them up on www.styleforummarket.com. Each commitment (vote) costs $20. Should the chosen makeup NOT make the cut, you will be refunded immediately. Should it make the cut, you will only get it back after you have purchased, as the $20 is counted as a binding pre-deposit.

Then we put the winners up for preorder.

Cheers,

Fok.

2 people like this.
  18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Side zip in horse hide roughout. This is a totally unique makeup that works well with a huge variety of styles. As good as these will look day 1, they will be so much better in time. Don't miss out!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  19. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

This being America, I assume we can vote as many times as we like for the same model if we have enough money?

1 person likes this.
  20. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

I knew it was only a matter of time before poll rigging got brought up.