1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

I have a question that I hope someone may know the answer or maybe Guy will chime in. I bought the Icy Mocha chukkas from the sample sale (from another member). I wasn't going to keep them but I have decided to wear them for a few weeks to see how they work. These dont have the eyelets and when lace them up I feel I am really stretching the leather. I want to put on some antique brass eyelets to take the load off the leather. The kit to install the eyelets seems pretty easy to use I just don't know if there are different size eyelets to buy. Anyone have any idea what size to buy? Probaly a strange question but thought I'd ask. It's probably best to send Viberg an email, but you guys seem to really know your shoes and may know :). Thanks for your time - DuckOB

[​IMG]

2. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Have you considered taking them to have your local cobbler do for you? I took a pair I got from the sample sale to my cobbler to add brass eyelets and my cobbler charged me around $10 or $15. It saves you from a costly screw-up.

3. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Brand new Horsehide 110s, 8 eyelets, plain cap toe, Dainite sole. Very cool boots nearly every respect.

What I love: the Horsehide is just my favorite boot leather, and is both thick and tough but also has some richness to it. The Dainite sole is cool, and the natural midsole works well I think. Plain cap toe and slightly contrasting brown stitching, also nice.

What I don't quite love: I really prefer the more substantial, rounded toe of the 2045 or 310 lasts, the toe on these 110s is just a bit too dressy for me. I had intended to get silver eyelets, but I think because I wrote "silver/gunmetal" thinking they were the same I got gunmetal which is not silver, oh well. The boots have a slight built in "pronation" (leaning inward), which I've noticed on other Vibergs.

This gets me close to my perfect black boot, but alas is not quite there. Unfortunately the 310 and 2045 did not quite work fitwise, whereas I think these will, so in the end that's what wins out.

[Sorry for the bad pics; they were all done last night with a flash. I'll get some natural light pics soon that will show off the horsehide better.]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. sazon

sazon Senior member

^ Those are just awesome. Congrats and wear in great health!!!

5. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Those are amazing boots! That toe is perfect IMO. Make em your slim jeans/chinos boots

Btw- my vote is the leather laces- nice contrast ;)

6. elimmie

elimmie Well-Known Member

Could you please take some pictures as soon as they've arrived?
    These are so beautiful!

7. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Thanks guys. You're helping me to get over my very slight qualms about this pair...

BTW, my "gateway drug" boot to the higher end brands was the black Red Wing Iron Ranger. I loved the round toe and the silver eyelets and the plain but substantial cap toe, and for the first time I imagined paying several hundred dollars for a pair of boots. Would have gone with those, but the last was incredibly narrow and impossible for me to wear. Been trying to get a better quality pair with a similar look and better fit ever since. The 2045 in HH with plain cap toe would be the closest I think, but these are where I am landing I think.

8. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Thanks Johnnyrich for the reply. I have thought about a local cobbler. I saw a "how to video" and it seemed pretty easy to add but I'd hate to mess them up trying to save a few bucks. I visited one for another boot I want to resole and wasn't confident but i'll need to keep looking. I am in the Richmond VA area so hopefully I can find a good cobbler to go to.

What kind of leather were your boots that you bought and how do they look with eyelets now?

thanks again for the reply

DuckOB

9. Man with Apple

Here are the Vibergs I own. The saddle shoes were the ones I had my cobbler add the antique brass eyelets too. The Shell Service boots arrived with the brass eyelets.

10. Man with Apple

In regard to the eyelets, as I mentioned before, this is a pretty easy fix, and I bet if you contact Viberg they would send you some (possibly at a small cost) and you could have your cobbler swap them out.

11. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Thanks for the suggestion, which I may end up doing...

12. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Johnnyrich

Great looking boot and shoe. Eyelets look great

have a great weekend

Mike - DuckOB

13. zola

zola Senior member

[​IMG]
    One very cool new addition! True Canadian boot with moose leather! What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

Not so sure about the second one.. Too far away from being a workboot manufacturer in my opinion..

14. westie187

westie187 Senior member

The pair on the left don't look half bad... The pair on the right- no thanks.

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What's the tongue on the right pair made out of? That would make a pretty cool boot.

16. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

I have been incredibly excited about the moose leather boot.

17. Finn666

Finn666 Well-Known Member

very nice boots mr. linafelt! love´em...

still can´t believe how badass these things are...f^cking brilliant!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  18. sazon

sazon Senior member

Finn: truly awesome boots.

My icy mochas today, below. Eagerly awaiting my 3Sixteen Andrew Service Special boot....

[​IMG]

19. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Zola, I like the shape of the boots, i'd take the base leather without the treatment, what last is that?

20. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

I'm definitely holding out on cordovan leather for my third and final pair of Vibergs for the foreseeable future. Great boots Finn, if I didn't have a pair of black Vibergs winging their way to me I'd snap a pair up.