1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I have not adjusted the buckle at all...mine are not broken in at all yet so maybe that will change for me...right now the upper and lower buckle are set how I go them. They go on and off very easy for me...I sized the same as I have for every Viberg last to date all size 12

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Thanks @Kahuna75 !

Those are so damn stunning. Kicking myself for not jumping on board.

3. Broark

Broark Senior member

I don't adjust the forefoot buckle on my pair when I take them on and off, but I undo the shaft buckle. A lot easier to put on or take off than say my Boondockers.

1 person likes this.
  4. SoyBoy2

SoyBoy2 Active Member

I tried to get on this buy but was too late. Damm!

I have a pair of Whites engineer boots. If I am riding my bike I leave the bottom buckle in the 3rd hole, if I am walking around a bunch I suck them up to the 4th hole to minimise heel slip. To take them on or off it is put near impossible to do if they are in the 4th hole so loosen them up a notch. YMMV.

1 person likes this.
  5. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

I'm a maybe. Between this and the side zip.

6. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Thanks - would love to have you on board!

7. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

Wish I had enough funds to not have to choose, but I think this does suit my style more. Was trying to get out of my comfort zone. Any idea of when we're supposed to hear back from Fok?

8. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

I always think it's best to stay within your comfort zone when it comes to boots. Every time I ventured out of it, I always ended up selling them eventually. Best intentions, but they saw more closet time than street time. [​IMG]

Fok was at a trunk show in NY. I think he's back this week - said something about the 6th or 7th. He has a lot of catching up to do, but hopefully he will weigh in this week.

1 person likes this.
  9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

A fab make up, actually, but I'm in desperate need of a black boot for work to replace my 6y/o Black Indy.

If they were Scout, tho, I'd seriously consider.

Btw, I noticed on the specs ... u guys need to make sure that there's leather heel slip__ to have a constant thickness @outsole

10. THSdrummer

THSdrummer New Member

Hello all! Brand new, but been lurking on and off for a while. Considering the dive into the Viberg boot world, but I'm curious, does anyone polish their Viberg boots? I'm not looking at cordovan, since I can't pull that purchase off yet. I'd like something I can get a bit of luster to, not necessarily mirror like.

11. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

I use Bick 4 on my Chromexcel and Latigo service boots to condition and moisturize the leathers, and it does leave a rich, although not necessarily "shiny" look.

One time I was visiting family in SC and was informed that I had to attend a jacket/slacks dinner in memory of my stepfather. All I had were my Chromexcel service boots that I had worn to travel there, but I did have Venetian Shoe Cream at the house - So I over-VSC'd them up and had a laugh at how shiny they came out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They worked with light tan corduroys and a blue blazer, but I'd never try to get them that glossy again.

Here is a shot after Bick 4, which does a great job of treating the leather without leaving it too slick:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. THSdrummer

THSdrummer New Member

Holy heck. I like that.

This is a good representation of the boots I currently own (Red Wing Beckmans), except I put a layer of black polish on every 2 or 3 conditions to help keep it dark.

[​IMG]

Those Vibergs are looking like they'll polish up well and help me round out my collection. Any more photos? Models to consider?

I've also been looking at the Kangaroo model as I've heard Kangaroo leather shines up really well, but I'm a bit nervous with how much the leather varies in color.

13. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Do Scout boots always have to have those Vibram Morflex/Wedge type thick soles?

Or could we do a build with a conventional leather midsole with Vibram 705/Vibram heels?

14. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

I don't know what you mean by leather heel slip...please explain..

15. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Never seen a scout boot with a conventional heel/sole. But the wedge needn't be white all the time - it could be black.

16. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Just imagine a 705 half-sole + heel ... like on the Hopper, below[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's the leather stack from the heel that bridges & flushes with the edge of the half-sole
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  17. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

I'm sure you know this, but you have to be careful of which products you use depending upon the leather type. I assume that those Beckmans are finished calf of some sort since they take so well to shoe polish, but oiled leathers like Chromexcel require different products:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/...thread-tutorials-photos-etc/6555#post_6558489

If you want a boot that will polish up to a high shine then I'd email Viberg ( info@viberg.com ) directly and ask which of their leathers is best for this.

For me, the high-gloss Chromexcel looks out of place. I prefer the zero gloss, but still well-treated leather look for the OG service boot aesthetic.

1 person likes this.
  18. metranger8694

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  19. metranger8694

I just remembered that Fok posted that for this round he didn't want to do another work oxford so I will transfer the Sinister Oxfords goodness to my Spymaster boot.

@IIIrd Icon You asked for a black scout boot and here it is in gloriousity:

The Spymaster

Scout boot
    110 last
    Black Waxed Flesh
    Partially structured toe
    Black or dark brown midsole
    Vibram 705 half sole
    Vibram heel
    Nail down construction
    7 eyelets- Gunmetal
    Stitchdown using grey stitching
    Contrast tongue- Smooth side
    Pull tabs

I think this would be a beauty. Thoughts everyone?

@billymax you on board?

20. stickydonk

stickydonk Senior member

Everyday Sneaker Street Boot

The Everyday Sneaker Street Boot pays homage to the now classic high top sneakers we grew up wearing. Take one look at the shape of the 2045 last and you know it captures everything perfectly — from natural shaped toe box, to the ultra clean stitch lines, to the absence of any extraneous materials. Beauty is in the small details such as the way top of the ankle gently swoops up at the back. The Everyday Sneaker Street Boot styling truly captures what we love about sneakers, now done the Viberg Boot way

- Service Boot
    - Black Oil Tan Roughout
    - 2045 last - ideal for an everyday walking around street boot due to it's anatomical foot shape
    - Black Gloxi Cut Sole
    - Brushed nickel or gunmetal eyelets (whichever looks cooler)
    - Black midsole
    - Unstructured toe
    - Stitchdown (white stitching)
    - Black smooth side tongue

To give you an idea of what it will look like it here are some pics of other black rough out type boots along with the back of the 2045 Boondocker. Viberg's 2045 Boondocker is their biggest seller just like fyi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]