1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I'm cool with either, but here are my 2045 beaters

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

I'm agnostic on which last, 110 or 2045, gets the Natty FW as I already have the brown fat waxed on a 110 with commando's.

Initially I did find the 110's wide at the forefoot. However, with medium or thick socks they are good. No slippage anywhere and they fit my feet well.

The 1035 is the best fitting last for me. Really hugs with adequate toe room.

So, you could say I'm curious about a boot last that I don't have yet.

3. pema

pema Well-Known Member

I can say for my feet, the 110 is a better fit than the 2045, and I do prefer it aesthetically. The 2045 still looks great. Everyone's feet are different, and so are their tastes. I literally cannot fit my feet into a 2030 without intense pain, so it is not an option for me. I rejoice for those who can, as it gives them a huge array of options for Vibergs. There is obviously no right answer here, but the 110 is the main reason I follow the SF GMTO. I hope we can get something through, if not this then I am in for a black scout on 110. We'll see what Fok has to say.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Mutombo

Mutombo Senior member

I own both Notre WF makeups on 110...in brown and natty. The brown ones are unstructured and the natties are partially structured. The NWF is a terrific leather with a lot of color variation, highly recommended. I take the same size across all Viberg lasts, and find the 110 slightly shorter but much roomier in the forefoot than 2030 and 1035. I haven't had any problems with heel slippage. It's a very comfortable last (for me), as are all Viberg lasts that I've tried.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Thanks - I'm sure if there are enough of us that want the Notre version, we could approach them and maybe they will get it done. But now that this boot has evolved - I'd really like to keep it as we have it now:

Standard City Service Boot
    Natural Waxed Flesh
    110 Last
    Pull tab
    Vibram 700 half sole and matching heel (not Cat's Paw)
    7 eyelets
    Partially structured toe
    Stitchdown
    Contrast tongue like on the Notre boot

It looks like there are just as many people favoring the 110 as the 2045 and/or ok going either way. If anyone else wants to propose a 2045 build, it is most certainly their right and prerogative. But I think this build is awesome and I'd love to see it made per the specs above. I honestly don't think anyone ordering this boot would be disappointed. All that said and as others have mentioned, we still need to make sure Fok is ok with it.

6. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

cool with me

lets make sure to add in the nailed down construction if possible

7. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

Any possibility of a cap toe to the NWF city boot?

8. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Yes! Forgot to add that in - thanks! Here is the final:

Standard City Service Boot
    Natural Waxed Flesh
    110 Last
    Pull tab
    Vibram 700 half sole and matching heel (not Cat's Paw)
    7 eyelets
    Partially structured toe
    Stitchdown
    Nailed down construction (if possible)
    Contrast tongue

9. metranger8694

Ok Raneleigh.

110 it is.

Question: I was looking over my notes from last years GMTO's and the Vibram half soles that are on the half Japanese are Vibram 705's. And it was nailed down.

The Vibram 700 is on the Mocha Oil Tan Garage boots and they are full soles. And they are nailed down.

Are 705's half soles and 700's full soles?

10. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Hmm...not sure. I think the cap toe is something that people like or hate. If it was a smooth leather, I might be more into the idea. But I'm not as into it on the waxed flesh, especially as it wears. It also changes the aesthetic quite a bit for some reason - not quite sure why.

11. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Excellent question! Yes, I believe you are correct...705's are true half soles and 700's are full soles that are sometimes cut down to become half soles. Not sure which route Viberg takes and I haven't studied my Viberg half soles to see if I can tell a difference. Suffice it to say, we will go with half soles by whichever process they choose and the sole is the same pattern in both cases.

12. metranger8694

I would not want one. Sorry.

13. metranger8694

I erred a bit there.

The half Japanese and Route 10 Chukkas were 705 half soles with nail down.

The Mocha Oil tan were 700 full soles and were not nailed down.

On edit: There are subtle differences between the treads on the 705 and 700. The 700 treads are a bit wider and the yellow Vibram badge is larger than the 705's.

14. Rogerdoger

Rogerdoger Active Member

Yes 705's is the Vibram half sole.

15. billymax

billymax Senior member

oh yeah. 145 oxford on a 110 with wedge. i'm in. i would take that in just about any combo

16. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Oh I would do this for sure.

17. billymax

billymax Senior member

I can say for my feet, the 110 is a better fit than the 2045, and I do prefer it aesthetically.  The 2045 still looks great.  Everyone's feet are different, and so are their tastes.  I literally cannot fit my feet into a 2030 without intense pain, so it is not an option for me.  I rejoice for those who can, as it gives them a huge array of options for Vibergs.  There is obviously no right answer here, but the 110 is the main reason I follow the SF GMTO.  I hope we can get something through, if not this then I am in for a black scout on 110.   We'll see what Fok has to say.   
    [/quote

ditto for me.

18. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

SCSB looking like a strong contender for one of those coveted GMTO spots

if only Fok could bless us with a green light

19. metranger8694

Here is my contribution to this fantastic process:

The Sinister Oxford

145 Work Oxford
    Black Waxed Flesh
    110 Last
    Vibram 705 Half Sole and matching heel (Not Cat's Paw)
    5 eyelets- Antique Brass
    Black midsole
    Structured Toe
    Tonal(or grey to match the eyelets) Stitchdown
    Nailed down construction
    Contrast (black smooth side) tongue

Whaddaya think @billymax

And other esteemed posters of course.

20. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

If there is going to be a another back and forth on leather availability I would like to see if the Camel hide is available for the side zip.