• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thomasB

Reaction score
Obligatory noob sizing question here...

I'm trying to review the thread to gauge my size in the 2030 last. I wear a 9.5 indy boot that is a decent fit in boot socks...I have narrow feet so they are roomy but not too big. Is the general consensus to go with the same size in 2030 vs truebalance or should I size down .5?

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm trying to review the thread to gauge my size in the 2030 last. I wear a 9.5 indy boot that is a decent fit in boot socks...I have narrow feet so they are roomy but not too big. Is the general consensus to go with the same size in 2030 vs truebalance or should I size down .5?

I wear the same TB v. 2030 size. TB is slightly smaller for me.
If you're narrow, I would worry about it being roomy, though.
My feeling would be to size down 1/2 in your case.
However, it is hard to give decent advice with Length, Width, and Girth all being variables.

gsgleason

Reaction score

Trubalance is a wide last. If you have narrow feet and Trubalance is wide on you, the 2030 should be good.

The biggest issue with 2030 is the tapered toe box, so even if the fit is great everywhere else, it could squish the sides of your toes, which is not desirable.

I do think the same size would work for you, though. What model are you interested in specifically?

thomasB

Reaction score
Thanks gentleman. That pretty much confirms what I had discerned. If only I could try before I buy! Ah well.

gsgleason

Reaction score
Maybe you can. There are various stockists out there. Where do you live? What model are you interested in?
Thanks gentleman. That pretty much confirms what I had discerned. If only I could try before I buy! Ah well.

totalair1

Reaction score
Still working on breaking in the Context Horse butt. Of all of the boots I own...these by far seem to be the most Bullet proof.

Steve

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still working on breaking in the Context Horse butt. Of all of the boots I own...these by far seem to be the most Bullet proof.

Steve

Did you take this with a flash? Seems much lighter than my pair...of course it could be my screen. These have fast become my favorite pair of boots.

wms68

Reaction score

I would buy the mocha chukkas in 9.5 immediately if I could find them.  They look great wms68

There is a pair on 9.5 on Grailed at the moment for $291

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all.....Here are my fat waxed after a Friday-Sunday wearathon.

On Saturday I wore these during a 3+ hour walk-around at a flea market. Then some horseshoes. I actually bumped into someone walking at the flea market because I kept gazing down at the boots!

At first I thought the commando sole was a bit clunky but I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable the soles/boots were. My feet were not even minimally sore after all the wearing.

And like Bootspell, I'm "trashing" these boots with no worry or upkeep. My stairs are carpeted so I'll abuse my boots, or the carpet actually, as I walk up and down them for a little scuff work. The garage boots I will be more careful with.

Love how the toe breaks in! Those look fantastic.

totalair1

Reaction score
Did you take this with a flash? Seems much lighter than my pair...of course it could be my screen. These have fast become my favorite pair of boots.

No flash, used my iPad. I do have good lighting in my office. The picture is fairly accurate.

Steve

totalair1

Reaction score
Is this your first corded sole? it is mine - I started out skeptical but absolutely love them now - only concern is hoping they will not wear in and be a smooth bottom.

It is my first corded sole....from Viberg. I've owned other work boots that had them though. My experience has been they wear well, although I've not had this brand of corded sole.

In other Viberg news...I got the email today my Mahogany Shell boots have shipped!

Steve

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks patrick_b. I couldn't be happier with them.

Seems like every poster here has been so happy with their Vibergs.

Viberg is really hitting it out of the park.
No doubt they have a good product

spurs61

Reaction score
Hey All:

Some time back, someone said that obsession with White's boots might eventually lead to an interest in Viberg - sort of a gateway drug, I guess. Well, I love my White's boots for sure, but I've recently got this budding interest in Viberg, especially after seeing the Icy Mocha service boot on the Viberg site.

I've done a little digging back in the thread and the best I can determine is that the 2030 last sizing should be roughly equivalent to White's SD, Alden barrie last, Alden Indy, & RW Iron Ranger - all 11D in my case. Is this right?

Anyone want to talk me out of this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads