Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Is the 2030 last any narrower than say Alden Barrie? I was quoted to go with an 8E, but I'm an 8D in Alden barrie, pretty normal foot size...would rather stick with D if I could.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The 1950 vs. the 1940 service boot distinction (essentially, it had to do with whether there was a contrasting leather trim at the ankle) has now been removed. At least, that was what I go from mu conversation with Guy. Also, the standard number of eyelets of 7. They found that the six-eyelet configuration made for an accordion effect, because the eyelets were spaced far apart. So I would recommend 7+ eyelets, but these choices are all up to you.

re. the toecap, it depends on what you guys want and as willing to buy.

Cheers,

Fok.

3. crazyguy306

crazyguy306 Active Member

i have actually waited for more than a year hoping that they will accept cordovan in mto. I guess i will have to wait a bit longer.

4. rex555

rex555 Well-Known Member

I'm in for the charcoal nubuck service boots or any of the one Joona posted above. So lets get this started already.

5. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Can't wait for a cooler weather to wear my Derby Country boots
    (Horween brown wax flesh, false toe cap, 2040 Last, no box toe)

Also ordered second pair of leather laces and Viberg customer service is top notch.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Rome wasn't built in day. It took at least a week. That said, I'm on it like a fat kid on cheetos.

7. LIMBERLION

LIMBERLION Well-Known Member

What?

8. meso

meso Senior member

"LA Guy is working on solidifying the specifics, however please be patient."

9. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

I 'd be in for a boondocker

10. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Either of these look amazing, I'm definitely up for something in black if we can get enough orders.

11. mijama

mijama Well-Known Member

Any takers on this?

12. Dpalaghiuc

Dpalaghiuc Active Member

Morgan and I had a short email exchange last week pertaining to shell cordovan and this exact makeup.
    "Unfortunately there is no Cordovan available for MTO products."
    I am confident that Viberg is receiving serious inquiries about Shell Cordovan MTO's, not just from SF members.

13. esqblackbook

esqblackbook Active Member

The cordovan Morgan Super Boots (both in Whiskey Cordovan and Cordovan #8) were done in the same last as this pebble super boot. The only difference is that the Super Boot has a top band which on necks to a cordovan tongue. I had a pair of the 2030 Cordovan # 8 with a soft thin bellows tongue and, even with constant care and trees, the flat toe and narrow build of the 2030 just didn't hold up very well. They're beautiful when they're new, but the unstructured toe tends to be prone to indentation. I would stick with the 2040 or 2045, but that is just my opinion.

Cordovan is expensive and hard to come by and Viberg will only commit to making them when their schedule and inventory allows for it. Getting whiskey from Horween is impossible currently.

If they could do it, I would get a horsehide 2045 with perforated cap toe and horsehide tongue. I like their 7 and 10 eyelet boots. In my opinion, unless you're stuck on cordovan, Viberg's Chromexcel Boots are just as nice, look great and hold up. Talk to Morgan. The man has great taste and between Brett and Morgan, they'll help create a beautiful boot that's within your price range. Viberg is an absolute amazing operation. I was an Alden, Tricker's, Julian and RRL boot guy before entering the realm of Viberg. I will never go back. In the next year, they'll start creating lasts as formal as Alden and they will blow our socks off! Can't wait!

14. Joona

Joona Senior member

Thanks for all that information Fok!

I've been in the impression that the difference between 1940 and 1950 service boot is in the eyelet configuration.

(These are the 1940 Service boots made for Manufactum.de I mentioned earlier)
    [​IMG]

15. DesmondD

DesmondD Well-Known Member

I think you're pretty spot on there, Joona.

I received this answer from Morgan when I asked about the difference between 1940 and 1950 service boot

"The 1940 has 5 eyelets and no top band. The 1950 has either 6,7,8 or 10 eyelets and the top band is optional. Personally, I prefer the 1950 with no top band and if you're looking to dress it up slightly I would suggest 7 or 10 eyelets."

However those 1940s you posted don't appear to have a top band... maybe it's optional on them too?