1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Cole87

Cole87 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah, from the Bureau Belfast. It's definitely not subtle wearing red boots, but I like them so much that I'd keep them even if it was just as a collector's item. I do try to wear them as often as I can get away with. We'll see about the Chelseas. I'll try to talk myself into it while you guys come up with a makeup. I am into black boots right now because I bought a pair of blackout denim from Japan Blue that I really want to wear as often as possible.

1 person likes this.
  2. barlos

barlos Member

This interests me.

Edit because I'm incompetent. This was supposed to quote rydenfan's sidezip proposal.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  3. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Cool. I'll start a running list tonight.

Rocking our 1st ever makeup today
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. aspasp

aspasp Well-Known Member

Where's the best place to try vibergs in NYC?

5. Cole87

Cole87 Well-Known Member

NEW YORK, NY

That's from their stockist page.

edit: Although, looking at their pages now, Freemans has one type and No Man has two types. Leffot, Gentry, Palmer seem to be out now. Probably best to try at No Man since they have a 2030 option and 1035 option so you can at least try on two different lasts.

6. aspasp

aspasp Well-Known Member

Thanks, I was looking at the same list but you're right there are very few options at each respective store.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

So, good news, Black suede IS an option.

In the words of Drew:
    " the Black Calf Suede for the city boot. The leather can be seen here. The leather is a full-grain calf butt version which is as durable as any of our offers, but maintains the signature soft feel and even nap of a luxurious suede."

I've also confirmed that black gloxi soles and black full ripple soles are available (so, yay for the streetboots, and also for a potential black suede side zip. Man, that could be so luxurious. I never wear black foot wear except for dressy occasions, and I could definitely see these for anything from black denim to a smart-casual outfit.

8. Aviv

Aviv Well-Known Member

But PLEASE don't make the zip boot suede. It would ruin the whole thing for me :( Every time I've tried to participate so far a detail has arisen that has really ruined the makeup for me. I hate suede and don't wear it.

Hopefully full grain options stil on the table for this boot?

1 person likes this.
  9. LA Guy

Dude, if people want the suede, they will get suede. Full grain options are available, of course, (I've already shown the black horsehide.) I am the facilitator and the gatekeeper to make sure that the boots meet our standards. A suede boot would certainly pass. If you want something else made, there are a couple of options.

1) Rally the troops and get the most votes for your makeup (full grain, I am guessing)
    2) Go the baller route, and pledge to buy like, 20 pairs, all for yourself. Then you are nearly guaranteed a win. I say, maybe get 31 pairs, because no baller wears the same boots twice in a month.

1 person likes this.
  10. meso

meso Well-Known Member

The definition of STEP YOUR GAME UP.

1 person likes this.
  11. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

I'm pushing the grain side so hopefully we get there.

12. Aviv

Aviv Well-Known Member

I was under the impression people were into the full grain and that's why I was on board. @NYDRH 's last post and previous discussion was all about black grain leather. I was just following the ring leader. Forgive me if I sound arrogant here but who else besides your post just now has been talking about suede for this boot?

13. LA Guy

http://www.styleforum.net/t/224463/viberg-boots/18650_50#post_8623581

And a bunch of the posts around it asked me about black roughout and suede for a city boot, so I asked Viberg. Remember, right now, the plan is for ONE city boot, ONE tough boot, and ONE streetwear boot.

Frankly, the black suede I could see on the streetwear boot as well.

14. SoyBoy2

SoyBoy2 Active Member

After looking at the black suede boot link above - I'm with you on this one. Make mine a full grain black Zip up.

2 people like this.
  15. Aviv

Aviv Well-Known Member

Got it.

Ok - so can the people interested in a zip boot pipe in and get a count of who wants suede vs grain?

@NYDRH and I are both for grain. Edit: this includes @SoyBoy2

16. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

I remember @winston86dit expressed interest and I think @Steel28 might be be on board and Im sure there are some just waiting to jump in........

17. gte872h

gte872h Well-Known Member

My first choice would be a zip boot in milkshake suede with a leather sole, but the black suede would be enticing to me even though I already have three pairs of black Vibergs in both roughout and smooth out. A smoothout horse in the right color sounds good to me too.

The milkshake Chelsea on .com is really nice but I'd much prefer it in a zip boot instead.

Here's a pic showing the differences between the Chelsea and zip boot.

[​IMG]

By the way, I can't wait until their slippers are released in 2017.

1 person likes this.
  18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

sf gmto...aged bark chukka
    [​IMG]

no problem with blind eyelets on these...lol

4 people like this.
  19. NYDRH

NYDRH Well-Known Member

Looks like Freeman will be stoking all these models based on the IG comments so all you have to do is wait a few months. So I suggest hope on the black horsehide to get your fix a little faster :)

If Camel were an option I would be all over that too, call it the Desert Ninja lol

20. CMT1

CMT1 Well-Known Member

Happy to be back into boot season and getting some more wear on these Chicago Tan Latigo service boots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a great weekend, all!